Charles Fischer

Fiesta Bowl Predictions Thread!

Get your prediction in by the 1:00 PM start, and I going with a 37-35 Oregon victory where we actually have a double-digit point lead, but nearly blow it with our "Prevent-Offense" (thanks 30Duck!) in the last ten minutes of the game.

What say you?

Travis Dye about to make a TD_Eugene Johnson.jpg

We need to do a ton of this!

Mr. FishDuck

If both teams show up motivated, there are no major Covid-related casualties on either side, and the turnover battle isn't crazy in one direction...

...if Oregon's QBs play a "near average or anything better" game 30-24 Oregon...

...if not, 31-20 Iowa State...

I lean more at 28-21 Iowa State.

Hope I’m surprised.

37-31 Oregon. It's great to be able to figure field goals into the Ducks score.

When Iowa State has lost they score 21 points (2), or 14 points (1). Oregon has averaged 37 points when they win. The averages of when Oregon's wins and Iowa State's lose's comes out at Oregon 37 Iowa State 19, so 37-19 Oregon. We knocked off #13, time to knock off #10!

I have to believe Oregon's defense is going to show up today. When Iowa State lost, the last two times, their qb was sacked multiple times and was under great pressure, multiple qb hurries. Thibs is going to lead this defense, again, to victory!

Im going with Ducks 29 Iowa St 27. 

I think its going to be a pretty sloppy game, on par with 2020.

Oregon 24 Iowa st 21 KT Dominates again with 2.5 sacks and Katleman hits the game winning Field Goal as time expires!! The Ducks keep piling up the Hardware for the trophy case!!🏆 🏆

How about our DUCKS 28 and Iowa State 17. I see our defense showing up for the second game in a row.

I like Haywarduck's thinking.  Go Ducks!  31-21 Oregon

This is a tough pick. Iowa St has one of the best RB's in the country. If they can control the clock with the ground game then I see the Ducks losing. 

I'm not sure I can trust Shough to all of a sudden pull out of his slump. CJ is questionable. Is Brown good enough to take over if Shough struggles?

Ducks will have to play a perfect game with no stupid penalties on D.

I going with Iowa St 31 Duck 27

6 hours ago, AnotherOD said:

If both teams show up motivated, there are no major Covid-related casualties on either side, and the turnover battle isn't crazy in one direction...

...if Oregon's QBs play a "near average or anything better" game 30-24 Oregon...

...if not, 31-20 Iowa State...

I'm sorry OD...we cannot have two picks, otherwise we would all give two predictions.  Please select one-thanks.

Mr. FishDuck

24-17 Iowa St.  The Cyclones remind me of Stanford from years past.  Heavy sets, power running, big receivers and stingy D. The Oregon D will have to stuff the run or this game will grind to a halt with 12-13 possessions.  MC wants to lean on the run but he may be forced to play some tempo and throwing the ball the 2nd half in order to preserve the clock and maximize possessions in order to catch-up.  This game will likely determine Shough's future.  Can he lead the team to victory in the 4th quarter?

The Ducks' pass rush came alive against USC.  I believe they will again.  Dorlus and Thibs will accept the challenge against that tough Cyclone o-line.  Dollars comes of age and cashes in on a C-note of yards.  Shough surprises all of us with an unexpected turnaround.  MC will shoot out Charles' fear of pistol dashes into primed beef.  (Little used against USC, I might add.)

I'm going for it all ... 38 - 21 Ducks.

3 minutes ago, Jon Joseph said:

holding him under 100 yds rushing with 1 big gain of 30+ yards.

Just like they did to Jonathan Taylor of Wisconsin, last year in the Rose Bowl.

I am sticking with my previous predictions i.e. Ducks 28 Cyclones 24.

Shough plays one of if not his best game in his favorite weather and with his family watching on.

Moorhead opens up the playbook early and often allowing Shough to throw it downfield. 

Brown comes in for short yardage and pinched field situations to throw an extra wrench in ISU's defensive game plan.

Mr. T shows up in a big way......I pity the fool who has him as their assignment. 

Surprise player of the game is Noah Sewell who plays all world with his hair absolutely on fire. He gets 2 sacks on Purdy.

Lenoir gets a pick and Nick Pickett shows up and gives a workman like performance making a few big plays and redeeming his many shortcomings from previous games.

Uncertainty at the most important position in all of sports gives me pause against a physical, well-coached team. We're creased by a better running back than we saw all year and fall 28-20.

By the way, we lost 42-17.