FishDuck Article

Oregon Hoops: The Key to Altman’s Gameplan

The Oregon Men’s basketball team is once again PAC-12 regular season champions. For the second consecutive year, the Ducks have proven to be the best and most consistent team in the conference. In a year in which not all schedules have been created equal, and there may be some who challenge the fact that the Ducks are deserving of the ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Dana Altman  =  Mr. March

You can bet Altman is thinking March. My money says he increases the rotation and wins the championship anyway. 

If anyone can Dana Altman can.

Coach Altman will squeeze the most out of the rotation like he always does. In Dana we trust.

Coach Nordy--I always learn something new in your articles, and today there were a couple of gems.  I had no idea that Figueroa had heated up so much and your comment about ball rotation is one that most of us saw, but did not realize the impact until you supplied the stats.

That explanation of short rests for the players--I never realized that and will be watching for it.  Thanks so much!

GLB13105.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

This team would have been a juggernaut from day one had it not struggled with injuries and Covid. It only took 10 games for the pre-season starting lineup to gel. 

Yes, but if Dante' had not been hurt....would this be a Final Four team as designed?  A dominant big man is what we lack...

N'faly Dante (@nfaly_dante12) | Twitter

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks for the great article, Coach.  I wonder what rotation Altman deployed in previous years.  For certain he always tightens up the rotation late in the season, but I don't recall what he does at the PAC-12 tourney.  I do recall that much was made about the 3 (or 4) games played on consecutive days harming PAC-12 teams going forward into the NCAA's.  Some coach suggested not necessarily playing to win in the early games in order to rest his players.  I don't believe that was Altman saying that...but it is a potential strategy for player weariness and body healing.

My guess...the Ducks play 8-9 players in all games.  That rotation would include a few extra minutes for Terry and Kepnang.

Though somewhat off topic, I liked Ernie Kent but the difference at the end of games is remarkable. It always felt like Kent had no plan but Altman is a master of end of game situations. He wins most overtime games and in a season of close games like this it is all the difference.

ASU beat WSU, 64-59 and will face the Ducks tomorrow, 11:30, Pac-12 Network.  In theory, one advantage ASU could have in the game is familiarity with the rims, although they only managed 43.1%, so maybe...

giphy.gif

Edited by 30Duck
  • Thanks 1