NJDuck

2023 Season: Outlook, Projections, Opinions (No. 2)

There are many articles appearing now regarding the outlook, projections, opinions about the Ducks' 2023 season. Those articles will be placed in here and you can elect to read if interested.

This will be a continuous thread and old articles will be deleted so we have no more than one page at a given time.

Come back often as these articles will lead us into the fall football.

‘Time to improve’: Dan Lanning, Rob Mullens reflect on Oregon’s 2022, look ahead to 2023 for Ducks

Dan Lanning and his staff took over a good situation at Oregon and delivered a 10-win season in 2022. But expectations, both from the outside and internally, are higher than a Holiday Bowl win and the Ducks aren’t shying away from that as they prepare for 2023.

“Lots of excitement around your first year,” Lanning said. “It was a lot of fun. Certainly enjoy the people I got to work with each day, but for me, looking to go finish what we started and there’s some things that I feel like we wanted to accomplish that we didn’t. Time to improve.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Lanning was one of seven first-year coaches to win 10 games last season

• Thumbs Up 1

Seven hottest position battles to keep an eye on come fall

Here's a rundown of the biggest position battles that'll remain once fall camp kicks off in August.

Oregon fans who've played close attention know all about Dan Lanning's "growth mindset". It's become a pillar of his program's culture. Each rep in practice and each clip in film sessions provide the athletes an opportunity to get better. 

Personal development and improvement manifest themselves in different ways, but one of the more concrete means is through playing time. Playing time is earned, and it's earned through competition. 

While we anticipate each and every spot to be aggressively fought over, we think a few starting spots may be more hotly-contested than the rest. I want to be clear that these aren't exclusively starting spots I think will be fiercely fought over. I've included several backup position battles as well. 

So, here are the seven spots we expect to hold the hottest position battles when fall camp kicks off in a few months time.

247SPORTS.COM

Here's a rundown of the biggest position battles that'll remain once fall camp kicks off in August.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon's QB Bo Nix lands inside top five among the nation's most dynamic quarterbacks

Find out where 247 Sports' Brad Crawford ranks Bo Nix among the nation's most dynamic quarterbacks.

247SPORTS.COM

Find out where 247 Sports' Brad Crawford ranks Bo Nix among the nation's most dynamic quarterbacks.

Projecting the Oregon Ducks' stat leaders for the 2023 season

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Who will lead the Ducks in each Statistical category? Our picks below: