Santa Rosa Duck

Are You Buying Tickets for Fall Football at Autzen?

My wife and I like to go to one game a year at Autzen, traveling to Eugene from our home in Sonoma County. Thinking about the October 15, 2021 game against Cal on Friday night. Since we only go to one game, I typically "step up" and buy two great tickets between the 45 and the 45. Yes I pay a handsome price. Here is my concern this year. There are tickets for sale on Stub Hub for example.

What I don't know is what the situation will be with capacity at Autzen. Will it be 100% capacity or 20% capacity or something in between? Does this make Stub Hub and other resellers a bit of a lotto ticket? What if I purchase tickets that are subsequently not allocated seating? Any one have any thoughts?

Oh baby....I have been trying to "Duck" this discussion for a long time, but here goes....and WE ALL must work at not getting political in this thread.  Do keep in mind that I am not making a political commentary, but only my own assessment based upon what I've seen, read and experienced. 

In short, I believe the state of Oregon and Lane County Health Authority are incompetent on a number of different levels and we are seeing it in the distribution of the vaccines, and in how decisions are made concerning groups of people.  Now with that said, Lane County is dropping to a level to where up to 150 people can assemble together, but that does not take place until Friday.

Keep in mind that Oregon has been the 48th/49th state (among the best/slowest) in terms of the disease spreading for some time, yet massive measures have been in place for a long time.  As of the other day...only a handful of people in Lane County were in Intensive Care with COVID, and only one was hooked up to a ventilator.

To answer your question, I will relate my experiences as credentialed media who is trying to get photographers into UO Athletic events.  In the past--no problem as I had two photographers on the field at Autzen for every home game, (One of my own, and another working for another media source, but shared his "sloppy-seconds" with me) and I assumed when COVID hit that everything would change.  

But not like this.

I was not allowed to have a photographer on the field for games at Autzen, nor did the other sites and thus we had to use the "pool" photos of which were lame.  But they were going to allow photographers up in the stands to take pictures, and I could live with that since my guys have telephoto lens and can still do well.  Then UO AD reversed that position and stated that photographers could not even be up in the stands!  When I asked for the science that shows COVID transmission taking place outside, (all the data shows transmission occurring inside) with people socially distanced, and wearing masks in the freezing cold....I was effectively told to pound-sand.

Yet I could have two photographers shooting photos at the Washington State game!  Are state guidelines on the same science that different?  But the topper was how FishDuck was able to have two photographers in Reser Stadium for the Rivalry game.  How is the COVID science different between Corvallis and Eugene?

Recently we were told that the usual amount of photographers could not be on the field or in the stands at Baseball games, and the number allowed was quite small.  What justification is there when everything is trending with the disease as it is?  Crickets.

So....different scientists have postulated that herd immunity will be reached by late April or late August, depending upon who you read.  That would suggest that a full stadium could/should be possible; Alabama has announced that they will fill their 100,000 seat stadium this fall, and the NFL had over a million attendees to their games in total last fall.

But the state of Oregon and Lane County may disregard pertinent data, as they have in this past year, thus my answer to you is that I am "less than 50/50" about fans being allowed in the stands.  From a financial standpoint--they must get the fans back, but with the absurd way things with the Athletic Department have been handled....I am not optimistic.  But I would buy a ticket anyway, as I have with my season tickets.

My apologies.

Autzen vs. MSU 2014_Jeff White.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

No, I'm not buying. With the fast rising gas  prices,  driving to and from the home games at Autzen from Greenville SC would kill me.

Besides, with my luck, I would get to Kansas or Colorado only to find out the game has been postponed or canceled due to Covid protocols. 

If I can get to Eugene for a game I'll hit up Mr. Fishduck for the gate. haha.

Go Ducks!!!

• Like 1

I was not trying to create a fire storm, just trying to navigate the future. My wife and I just finished our second Moderna shots and are ready to go. I hope that Autzen is full this year. That stadium is a weapon for us and probably good for 2-3 points a game. 

I am going to order a couple of tickets. Prime time tickets!

13 minutes ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

I was not trying to create a fire storm

I know--your intentions are good and sincere and this subject had to be addressed eventually.  I am sure there are others who feel that the State of Oregon is doing great in this crisis, and Lane County is operating in a prudent manner.  So...like football topics--we will disagree and that is fine.  I am just relaying my opinion and my experiences that have caused a ton of extra work for me.  

I do look forward to meeting you sometime Santa Rosa!   (Actually I would love a post-game party someday at one of the local breweries)

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

With my luck, my season tickets will get me into Stony Brook, but not the Game Formerly Known as the Civil War.

Just bought my tickets for the Cal game. Section 31 Row 8. It will be great to be back in Eugene and pound those pesky Cal Bears! GO DUCKS!

37 minutes ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Just bought my tickets for the Cal game. Section 31 Row 8. It will be great to be back in Eugene and pound those pesky Cal Bears! GO DUCKS!

I will offer to share a little time in my Oregon Duck ManCave with you during your trip.  And maybe a little sipping of an Oregon Craft Beer IPA....

FishDuck FP 2.jpg

Created a decade ago in the ManCave!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck