Charles Fischer

Huskies "Whine" Has Gone Sour About Oregon's Recruiting

Washington's recruiting is not terrible, but it is more like what Mark Helfrich did at Oregon.  Meanwhile Dan Lanning and his staff are "killing-it" on the recruiting trail, and it was reported that one Big-12 coach stated that "nobody wants to go up against that Oregon staff right now."

Ducks are scoring in California, Arizona, Washington and Oregon, in the Midwest with Missouri, Texas and now Oklahoma? In the east in Maryland and Pennsylvania?  Whew!

The Husky fans are not thrilled, as their current Rivals recruiting ranking is No. 59 in the country with zero 4/5-Star players, while Oregon is No. 6 with nine 4/5-Star players, and it is only May?

Duwgman 1.jpg

Dawgman 2.jpg

"I never said I was noble...."

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ah...yes the academic prowess strikes again, I don't know what it will take to get UW fans to realize they aren't Cal, they aren't Stanford, they're not Duke or Vandy, they're not even on level with the University of Michigan, it's such a ludicrous thing to say that they lose out on prospects because of their academics, nobody believes this other than huskies.  

They don't recruit a different caliber of character, if they did they wouldn't have stunk for such a long time.  They made a good hire with De Boer, and they got a really good QB in the portal, it has nothing to do with the university.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let’s be explicit here Huskies’ apologists: what does “a different kind of kid mean”? Is this code for something?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/20/2023 at 4:06 PM, jrw said:

Let’s be explicit here Huskies’ apologists: what does “a different kind of kid mean”? Is this code for something?

In this day and age it means answers to; good boy, actually initially just tone and volume, then treats, and finally good boy.  Also responds to sit, stay, leave it, and of course, wait for it, roll over! Also, almost forgot, if there is an end zone anywhere close, responds to Lay Down!

lazy-eating-husky.gif

Edited by Haywarduck
  • Haha 1

It can take time to develop relationships with players, but also with local coaches.

I'm guessing Deboer & Co. have work to make up for from previous poor UW recruiting efforts.

It is fun to see all the excuses they come up with.

But really, coach Lanning is genuine, players and parents see that, and he has hired great recruiting coaches.

And ones that develop talent.

I think all the support that Oregon has from the school, community, the facilities, the NIL support, puts us way ahead of Udub. 

For all their rhetoric, they are behind putting money where their yappy mouths are!

Husky recruiting over the long-term will put them in the top 30 for talent, but frankly--with that coach he will help them over-achieve to perennial top-15 over time.

Dan Lanning's recruiting will put Oregon in the Top-10 for talent, (although this year it could be Top-5?) and with his coaching--a perennial Top-5 Elite status over time?

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Caution, we are being dominated by all those crickets that showed up for their spring game?

• Haha 1

Husky moderator explaining Washington recruiting.....

Husky Mod Explaining Recruiting.jpg

"The Oregon staff is not even within 100 miles of Seattle..."

"Everything is fine, as we are winning!"

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, jrw said:

OKG, Our Kind of Guy resulted in UW coming close to being shut out by Bama in UW's playoff appearance. 

On 5/21/2023 at 11:37 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Husky moderator explaining Washington recruiting.....

Husky Mod Explaining Recruiting.jpg

"The Oregon staff is not even within 100 miles of Seattle..."

"Everything is fine, as we are winning!"

Is that Baghdad Bob?!? I wondered whatever happened to him. 

On 5/21/2023 at 9:56 PM, Great Hunter 68 said:

Is that Baghdad Bob?!? I wondered whatever happened to him. 

Yep, gotta love it!

Mr. FishDuck