Charles Fischer

Trolls and Spammers Trying to Hurt Our Beloved Ducks Forum....

Boy, has it been amazing in the last week.  I have banned FOUR Trolls, and one was this morning--an Auburn fan who was pretty nasty.  Fortunately, his post was only visible for 18 minutes because moderator Kamikaze Kid spotted it, hid it and notified me.  Be grateful to our moderators!

The other three trolls looked VERY suspicious with their handle-names and locations when they signed up, thus I temporarily ban them and send a template email asking for confirmation of who they are and their intent.  When they don't answer--they stay banned.

There have been many people that I've done that with, but was completely wrong as they emailed back and told me their Oregon story--which is awesome.  And they are very nice and forgiving, and understand how I am trying to keep the forum clean.

Another this week was a Spammer from another country who tried to slip into the OBD forum in the middle of the night.  No way!  I check the site on my phone when I get up to go to the Restroom at 2-3:00 AM, and this is how I zap these bastards before they can pollute our GREEN REFUGE.

Gosh I love our Moderators!

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 5

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Charles.

so…..you DO work 24-7.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Only 1 early morning restroom break. 

I envy you, Sir. 

Thanks for being on the watchtower. 

An Auburn fan trolling? Get A Life!

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Only 1 early morning restroom break. 

I envy you, Sir

No, it is actually two and sometimes three times a night.  And yes...I check  the forum each time because one of the moderators who left us recently--lived in Europe and was covering for me during our night (daytime for him) and now that help is gone.  (He left for the same reason most do--pride.  They want special treatment when they break a rule, and when I refuse--they figure they are really hurting me when they leave.)

Nope.  Life, this forum and the good people here go on!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

TMI.

"P".S. We're tied

• Haha 3

Thanks, Charles, for creating this space, and thanks Charles and moderators for keeping it safe. This is absolutely the best place on the internet.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

I don’t check the forum in the middle of the night if I still want to sleep bc it will keep me awake with ideas. 

But I do check in first thing when I wake up.

Sometime last week I woke up to a spam attack and deleted >= 30 topics and comments that were clearly spam. It was kinda fun. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

They want special treatment when they break a rule, and when I refuse--they figure they are really hurting me when they leave.)

I have students who "punish" me when they get a bad grade by refusing to do other assignments. 

It never ends well for those in either scenario.

• Applause 1

Thanks again to all of you, and especially to our Moderators!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Charles and moderators. My urination frequency totally depends on how many IPAs I’ve consumed that evening.😂

Edited by Just Ducky
  • Haha 1