Charles Fischer

Oregon's Ahlstrom Bites Beaver Pitching Ace Abel in 7-0 Victory

Oh the pride of North Eugene, (Robert Ahlstrom) was a surprise start to me.  He was beat-up a bit last year, was a stud before that and only pitched four innings last week, although did well.  Today he was devastating for seven innings as the Beaver batters could not string anything together against his nasty left-handed wide curve-ball.  Rico Tellache (the pride of Canby!) closed out the ninth inning after a superb inning from Hunter Breault in the eighth.

The usual suspects, (Tanner Smith and Oregonian Kenyon Yovan) came through with big hits to drive in run totals that we've rarely seen in Corvallis.  The only negative?  Too bad there wasn't a crowd there to disappoint!  Go to GoDucks.com for an update at 10:00 PM and all the official stats.

My FishDuck Friends....this was a GREAT win from so many angles.  The offense is already better than the prior coach, and the line-up has so many Oregonians, that it makes it so much more interesting for us.

Oregon baseball falls 4-2 to No.1 UCLA | Sports | dailyemerald.com

The way it breaks across the plate...whew!

Mr. FishDuck

Didn't get to watch the game but it looks like it was a good one. Glad to see the baseball team somewhat balance out the tough loss that the basketball team took.

I am getting more and more excited about the offense. Baseball is full of highs and lows though, so just hoping they can keep up the hot hitting as we move into the Pac12 schedule.

Real happy to see Ahlstrom excel.....he deserves it after some tough luck injuries.