Charles Fischer

Whoa! Changes in Fiesta Bowl Starting Line-ups!

Defense:

Austin Faoliu (No. 99) has been replaced in the starting line-up at defensive tackle by Brandon Dorlus, No. 97.  (I do not know why....) Not good for a senior in his last game!

Offense:

As we feared, the Mountain-of-a-Man, Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu No. 71 is not in the starting line-up. The guards are No. 56 TJ Bass and No. 53 Ryan Walk, and the tackles are No. 74 Steven Jones and No. 77 George Moore. While all are good--Mala was responsible for a lot of crushing blocks this season, and I hope he is still able to play!

And now just before game-time we hear that CJ Verdell is out!

Defense in the Rose Bowl_Eugene Johnson.jpg

We need great defense like this day!

Mr. FishDuck

Dorlus was lined up across KT a lot during the Pac-12 Championship Game and between Dorlus and KT they crunched the USC offensive line. 

Dorlus is a high rising defensive star in the making and if he is playing better right now all the better. 

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu is big, but I saw him get beat pretty bad a few times in the USC game, as he is a little slow off the block. I am not sure this is not a proactive decision to get the best functioning line in there together.

Sorry about the all bold......can't seem to get it to turn off for some reason.

1 minute ago, C J said:

Sorry about the all bold......can't seem to get it to turn off for some reason.

That happens when you do the bold or italics, etc, as you're writing. The way for that not to happen is to write out first, then go back and highlight the section(s) you want to enhance. 

Whoever we put on the field better be ready to put some hurt on the Cyclones! Shoughs head better be in the game and Coach Avalos' defense has to be up to the challenge.

37 minutes ago, Old Geezer said:

Whoever we put on the field better be ready to put some hurt on the Cyclones! Shoughs head better be in the game and Coach Avalos' defense has to be up to the challenge.

The defense I think is hungry to prove themselves still. I feel far more confident in the defense right now than the offense. 

Verdell is out ... That means more Dye and Dollars.