30Duck

""VA" Likes What He Sees In Anthony Brown

See the source image

After working out with Brown, Vernon Adams believes he is just the quarterback the Ducks need to get back to the Playoffs. From NBC Sports Northwest

See the source image

Edited by 30Duck

It is all about that deep ball. That;s what Oregon needs really badly right now. Adams was a master at the deep pass.

If Oregon's offense is going to take it to the next level, we need someone who can throw a deep ball and just as importantly someone who can catch it!

"12 Win Season" 

That, and his comments about Anthony Brown are certainly encouraging...

Adams Great Escape.jpg

Nice to hear from "Big-Play VA!"

Mr. FishDuck

Anything positive is good news. 12 wins sounds positive to me. VA probably wishes he had another year of eligibility. 

Cant wait for spring!

39 minutes ago, Jon Sousa said:

VA probably wishes he had another year of eligibility. 

We all wish VA had another year of eligibility... He was incredibly exciting to watch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That is a pretty strong endorsement. We have had many fine QB's in recent years but Vernon Adams kept me on the edge of my couch.

I was at Spartans Stadium in East Lansing when VA led the Ducks team. With me at the game was my brother-in-law and his family - all MSU alums.

The Ducks were on fire and the win looked to be ours. Everything turned when VA broke his hand. He lost his grip.

The key play was on my end on the field in front of me with VA rolling left. The receiver had leaked into the end zone to that side. Touchdown Ducks!

No, an incomplete pass as the wounded duck throw from VA's broken hand fluttered short of its target to the ground. 

He was a warrior and battled, but the injured hand cost the Ducks dearly that season.

But VA won my heart and I remember him as a great Duck who nearly pulled off a memorable miracle.

4 minutes ago, Notalot said:

The receiver had leaked into the end zone to that side. Touchdown Ducks!

Oh my yes, Byron Marshall

See the source image

2 hours ago, Jon Sousa said:

Anything positive is good news. 12 wins sounds positive to me. VA probably wishes he had another year of eligibility. 

Cant wait for spring!

Hmmm.  It's 85 here today. 

😆

pre.jpg.09dd143b6c696d67a2e8142eb7bf1638.jpg

GO Ducks!!!

AB will lead the way on the field and in the QB room. His experience will be a gigantic help preparing our young QB’s to be great in the near future. We need him.

5 hours ago, David Marsh said:

We all wish VA had another year of eligibility... He was incredibly exciting to watch. 

I loved watching him play, I was watching a highlights video of him on youtube and honestly had forgotten just how ridiculous he was.  He could have the entire defense chasing him and then half the sideline and he'd just weave his way around them and throw some ridiculous pass 50 yards to the end zone

I also remember when Akili Smith was working with Braxton Burmeister and raving about how good he was gonna be too, lol.

I hope he is right, but I always take these things with a grain of salt. What is he supposed to say? "I don't think Anthony is the answer for Oregon this year".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Duckball said:

I also remember when Akili Smith was working with Braxton Burmeister and raving about how good he was gonna be too, lol.

I hope he is right, but I always take these things with a grain of salt. What is he supposed to say? "I don't think Anthony is the answer for Oregon this year".

I do take it with a grain of salt, as I'm sure he wouldn't say anything negative.  But from my perspective, Brown is a one year player, the other three quarterbacks have all or most of their eligibility left.  Unless Brown is heads and shoulders above the rest, I think the staff should concentrate on developing a multi year started, someone who will give the offense consistency and continuity over a few seasons.  

If Brown is used this year because he's slightly better than the other three, we'll have the same issue the following year trying to develop a starting quarterback.  And while he may have the experience, it's generally thought he doesn't have the high ceiling of some of our other recruits.