TECH FAN

Oregon vs Texas Tech Analysis

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon may not be playing the defending national champs this season, but their game against Texas Tech in Week 2 will be a great early litmus test.

Good read 

I look at this game like a tough league game, as your home field is a big advantage.  I know the edge goes to Oregon, but if we are not used to the heat, or Shough gets hot,...things can snowball the other way.  But I expect a close hard-fought battle, a good game.

Only 31 years ago...let's do it again!

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Love this stat. In 2022 Texas Tech ran the most plays from scrimmage in the G5 and the P5.

Last season for the first time in a long time the Red Raiders defeated Oklahoma and Texas in the same season and easily handled Ole Miss in the bowl game.

Oregon best come ready to play ball in hot weather conditions.

A big break in 2023, TX Tech has no Texas and no Oklahoma on the regular season schedule.

Media has TT finishing 4th in the B12 ahead of TCU.

Texas is on Techs schedule. 

• Mic drop 1

Congrats to Texas Tech on their Baseball victories in their Regional.  Way to take out the SEC!  Beating No. 2 Seed Florida in Gainesville must have been sweet; do finish them off!

”The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/4/2023 at 8:37 AM, TECH FAN said:

Texas is on Techs schedule. 

Sorry, I meant to say no OK and no OK St.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lubbock is warm and dry, can be windy correct? Heat and humidity aren't as big a factor as the wind, at times. 

I would love to see Tyler have a solid game, which may indicate Ty has a chance to recover into a decent qb after his experience with the qb destroyer. It will be a battle between two qb's who left their previous programs for a second chance.

This game is an awesome opportunity to win on the road, and to get rid of some of the road demons going forward. I do like our early schedule and hope we can use it to excel into the second half where some more challenges occur.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:54 AM, Haywarduck said:

Lubbock is warm and dry, can be windy correct? Heat and humidity aren't as big a factor as the wind, at times. 

I would love to see Tyler have a solid game, which may indicate Ty has a chance to recover into a decent qb after his experience with the qb destroyer. It will be a battle between two qb's who left their previous programs for a second chance.

This game is an awesome opportunity to win on the road, and to get rid of some of the road demons going forward. I do like our early schedule and hope we can use it to excel into the second half where some more challenges occur.

And although it will be up against Texas at Alabama, I love that the game is on big Fox and not on ESPN 2.

Lubbock can be batten down the hatches windy and the fans will be out in full force. I wish Tyler all the best in 2023 except in game 2. 

In theory, Oregon has the advantage of playing Portland State in its opening game at home while TT has to trip to Laramie to play Wyoming. Not an easy place to play. 

As you note Hayward, the back half of Oregon's 2023 schedule is loaded. 

The PSU and Hawaii games will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Network. If a tree falls in the forest? The TT game will give the Ducks much-needed national exposure. 

Haywarduck, 

It's WEST TEXAS, its always windy. 

• Yikes! 1
  • Applause 1

All I know about Lubbock is that it's hot as heck, the jail is full of roach's, and the local cops don't think Luckeyduck is funny.

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

On 6/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, TECH FAN said:

Haywarduck, 

It's WEST TEXAS, its always windy. 

Played golf in Lubbock once. I should have bought an anchor!

Embarrassing when your drive goes in the other direction for negative yardage.

Had a lot of fun with some great guys. The 19th hole was packed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2023 at 2:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Played golf in Lubbock once. I should have bought an anchor!

Embarrassing when your drive goes in the other direction for negative yardage.

Had a lot of fun with some great guys. The 19th hole was packed.

I heard the 19th hole is the windiest of all?

On 6/4/2023 at 7:32 PM, Notalot said:

I heard the 19th hole is the windiest of all?

Especially if you order chili.