Charles Fischer

The Ultimate Washington/Pac-12/Oregon Dilemma...

Right now in Stillwater Oklahoma...an elimination game is being played between Washington and Dallas Baptist, and DBU is up 4-0 after five innings.  From a conference standpoint...we really want the damn Huskies to win, but if they lose--DBU would play Oral Roberts in the Regional final and that would be a No. 3 seed playing a No. 4 seed in the Regional Championship. Washington is a No. 2 seed, and I believe is a higher No. 2 than ours, due to our late-season injuries and losing three out of the last four against them.

The higher seed gets to host a Super-Regional.

For Oregon...that means that as a No. 2 regional seed....if we won today or Monday and DBU beat Washington....Oregon would host a Super-Regional!  Yet if we did not win--it would be better for the conference if Washington won.

I can't say it dominates my thoughts, but it is quite interesting and brought about by the big upsets in that Regional.  (We will cover it later....but a ton of regionals were awarded over Oregon where it is becoming obvious should not have happened.)

You could hear it in the SEC broadcasters last night.  They began with a tone of "Oregon has a nice little team," while Vanderbilt is powerful.  By the end of the game and seeing our superb hitting, athleticism in the field and coaching to coax our pitchers...they changed their tune.  "Oregon has a good team."

Right.

Thoughts on my dilemma?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I prefer a Husky loss and our beloved Ducks winning. The PAC benefits with us winning more. Plus I want to go to a Super Regional. Let’s Go!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No dilemma, Charles. Even in baseball the SEC gets nod nationally. I would love to see Oregon v Washington in the super regional, but it's looking much more likely that the Fuskies will get eliminated by Dallas Baptist (who are those guys?) today and Oregon will move on.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No dilemmas, just smiles...both mutt squads were eliminated today 😊

So Dallas Baptist beat Washington 9-1, and this means that if Oregon wins one of two games tonight or Monday--we host a Super Regional!  

Can our pitchers hold out for ONE MORE GAME?

Mr. FishDuck

Back the Ducks first. 

Also I only think it would matter on a larger national scale of this was football or basketball. 

Hate to say it but baseball won't move the needle on the national perception of the conference.

Just saying.."Go Ducks"!

• Thumbs Up 1

How about the 2 Oregon schools having the chance to win a regional down south?

The field and seeding for baseball is as bad as how the B1G is treated come CBB tournament time.

You're a better man than I am. I was hoping the dawgs would lose by 20!

the-office-dwight-schrute.gif

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2023 at 5:58 PM, David Marsh said:

Back the Ducks first. 

Also I only think it would matter on a larger national scale of this was football or basketball. 

Hate to say it but baseball won't move the needle on the national perception of the conference.

No, but it means more than any title other than winning in CFB and CBB and the SEC deserves a comeuppance the way the committee kissed its butt when the field was seeded and regional sites were determined. 

Now, playing 8 conference football games in a 16-team conference is an obvious ploy to get at least 3 teams in the 12-team playoff field. 

Maybe it's time to stop subsidizing the SEC. But at least the SEC/ESPN didn't stab the Pac in the back. That was the Pac's long-time 'partner' B1G/Fox

What are the chances that a Pac 10-2 3rd place team gets in the 12-team playoff field over a 10-2 SEC team?

Sick of bending over for the SEC and playing in its sandbox. Participating in an expanded playoff so the SEC and B1G can score more money. Sick of playing 9 conference games when the teams in the southeast game the system by playing 8 conference games.

• Applause 3

Dallas Baptist is the new Tulane!

For me, one of lifes simpliest joys and pleasures is laying my head on my pillow with double thoughts. One thought is hetting a good nights sleep with 3 or less bathroom visits. The other thought is the joy of a husky loss in any sport. Sweet!

This week I will be in husky country. One win over DPU and i can invite my husky friends to a Super Regional.

GO DUCKS.........

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1