Haywarduck

Top Receivers?

The question I have is who are going to be the go to receivers this season. With, potentially a first time college level starter at qb, the receivers will be critical to the success of the offense.

Many people have commented Justin was held back by the lack of quality receivers when he was at Oregon. From too many drops to guys just not getting open, Justin wasn't able to show what he could do while at Oregon.

With a new starting qb this year, receiver play will be even more important. The new qb in green and yellow will need guys who can get separation and catch the ball. 

My top pick is Troy Franklin. This kid was the top receiver out of Cal and seems to have the magic which has been missing for us for a while. He is a top receiver recruit (#3 nationally) and a guy who Alabama badly wanted. At 6' 3" with wheels he seems to have it all.

The other guy I think will step up is Kris Hutson. The guy may be only 5' 11" but he broke through last year as a freshman and I think we only saw the beginning of someone special. 

Basically the qb position is going to rely on who steps up at wide receiver. This story won't be covered like the qb battle, but may be equally important. By the way there are 23 guys, counting all the TE's, who are going to be wanting to be the top pass catcher, who is it going to be?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I hope that the top guy will be a four headed monster with eight very sticky hands.

We have the talent to spread it around and keep the defense from putting their one best corner on our four best guys.