Charles Fischer

Beavers or Huskies and WHY?

Oregon State hosting Washington at 6:00 PM on Saturday?  Who do you want to win, and who do you think will win?

I am torn on this, as a Washington loss may seal-the-deal for the Mistake-by-the-Lake, (thanks Annie!) and I do not want to see a great coach at Montlake.

Yet I would love to see the Beavers beat them because...the Huskies losing always makes me smile!  Those who know me would laugh when I say it is "good-or-good."

Your thoughts?

New_Husky_Helmets.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

The point spread movement on this game has been remarkable. The Purple Nurples opened as a four-point pick, but the spread has swung all the way through zero, and the Tangerine Silly Boys are now a 2-2.5 point pick depending on the betting house you prefer. Personally, I think the You Wee Wees will win, but I would like the Silly Boys to prevail, because I live so close to Montlake that they have fried my brain.

Besides, I once egged a frat house in Corvallis. Never had the honor in See Little.

The Beavers will pound the dawgs, with #4 leading the way.  The mutts will not be able to slow down the rodent running game, and will limp back home with their tails between their hind legs.

I believe the Beavs will win in similar fashion like the USC game.  Coach Smith has them believing in Corvallis.

Beavs by 2 TDs.

Beavs win. Why? John Smith calling plays and not the dysfunctional UW OC, Donovan.

And Chance Nolan is the better QB with better weapons.

I want the Dawgs to lose every game, simple answer. 

I actually enjoy the beavs winning, just not against the Ducks.

There is also something enjoyable about seeing beav fans hope get squelched when Oregon beats them at the end of the year. I know it is a character flaw, but I have to be honest.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Beavers all the way! Mainly because I love the consternation this season has caused the Husky fans so far, and when they noticed the line had shifted 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rl4kgv0yppkusdnn0i

Yes, another loss could prompt some coaching adjustment, Basketball is definitely a mess, but I'm willing to take that chance. The biggest reason I want the Beavers to win is because that means the Huskies lose. The reason I think the Beavers will win is because the Beavers are better!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h57t0pm1nzzonl0hk7

On 9/30/2021 at 9:11 AM, 30Duck said:

Beavers all the way!

30Duck....you are picking up where you left off from last March and KILLING IT with the GIFs.  We will have a video learning from you on how to do it so well!

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/29/2021 at 11:17 PM, Duckpop22 said:

You Wee Wees will win

To think that I used to sit down to my computer every Saturday morning for a six year period to read a Duckpop22 article that would always make me laugh?  And now I get TWO chuckles in one morning?  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47arfcwq59bbba2w6dgk

Mr. FishDuck

Beavers... Washington probably wont be ranked this year. Losing to an FCS team pretty much eliminates that possibility. 

However, the Beavers could make it into the top 25. This could give Oregon another opportunity for a ranked win. There won't be many of those opportunities in the Pac-12 this year. UCLA will probably still be ranked in a couple weeks, Stanford might end the season ranked... but probably not. 

David, the schedule but for at Oregon, sets up perfectly for the Beavers.

Except for at Ducks, the tough games are in Resar and the 'easier' games are on the road.

Hope I am not taking too much away from the delicious beat down of SC?

OSU is the better team and will win.

Wow, wow WOW!  Thanks for the article 30Duck, as it is not just the home team site not backing them, but Washington's site?  Where purple tinted glasses are so dark that they cannot ever see the truth?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Best of both worlds, OSU wins and uw keeps muttlake for at least 2 more years.  Their AD won't admit her mistake this early in her or his tenure.

My disdain for the once overly proud puppies, and some of their obnoxious fans, overrides the annoying rodent problem we have in this state. 

364 days of the year I root for the Beavs