Charles Fischer

Astounding, Unreal and Impossible Numbers

My FishDuck Friends, I promise to not do this again until after the first of the year. I keep bringing this up because it is so incredible...  Since we made a change back to comments below articles on March 17th, we have had a total of 5,841 comments, now since we started up the forum we have 132 posts already through the end of September 30th.  The total between the two is 5,973 or just short of 6,000 comments and posts.

And we've only had two posts deleted.

On three other Oregon sites out there--I have been heavily criticized for having an intrusive, demanding and constraining method of moderating comments.  Yet we have had fewer objectionable posts in six months on both FishDuck sites than all three other Oregon sites will have in one thread.  As I've maintained--the problem is not the rules as hundreds of people here easily adapt to them; the problem with a few is their behaviors.

Their primary objection in the end?  They simply want free license to denigrate others without any consequences, ... and they are free to do that every other site other than this one.

Perspective?  Someone said to me, "Charles, two deletions is less than 1%!"  No, a 1% deletion rate would be 60 posts removed and we've only had two. One-tenth of 1% would be six posts removed and again--we only had two.  So what is this...our deletion rate is between three and four one-hundredths of 1%?

Now this won't hold as we add new people who go through the same adaption period that you and I did...but it speaks again to the unique community we have here, and the miracle on the web that exists on FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks Forum.

Tell others to join our GREEN REFUGE as we are part of something special....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck