Charles Fischer

Stanford GameDay Thread: Go Ducks!

Let's get this discussion of the game with the Cardinal going before, during and after the game!

I believe Oregon is going to win BIG.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I come in peace. I have money down on Oregon covering -7.5 today. Do not shoot the messenger!

However, there is no ignoring that the Indians/Cardinals have been a Ducks football nemesis.

Since 1894, undefeated Ducks teams have lost their first game to Stanford on 21 occasions. 4-0 teams have lost 7 times to Stanford. 9 AP Poll ranked Ducks teams have lost to Stanford.

Ducks teams ranked in the top 10 lost to Stanford in 2001, 2009, 2012 and 2013.

BUT NOT TODAY! GO DUCKS!

I only saw extended highlights of the UCLA-Stanford game.  Both looked pretty good. The crowd was very thin. The Bay Area fans are very fickle.

I hope it's even more sparse today. 

I'd like to see a repeat of 2019, but we had Herbert then.

Pressure McKee all game and I think we'll do fine.

My gut says we won't get as many turnovers today as we have been getting so far. So we will need big stops on 3rd down. Especially 3rd and long. For many many seasons the Ducks have struggled to get off the field on 3rd and long (I would be interested to see an analysis of how we rate across the nation for the past 15 or so years on 3rd and long). This fact points to our difficulties on pass defense, both coverage and rush on the passer. That needs to change today or McKee will be slinging first down passes all over the field and dice us up. Allowing 1st downs consistently on 3rd and 10 or more is very dejecting and affects the greater energy of the game.

Another huge key to winning today is getting Verdell going. To do that I hope they come out passing early. Somewhat the way they did at tOSU. Come out and pass and throw the Stanford D back on their heels then work the edges with Verdell before pounding between the tackles to put the game away.

Looking for Anthony Brown to have a solid game after having his worst of the season last weekend. I don't expect that Thib's will immediately make an impact but towards the end he may start to cause some havoc.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am real curious to see how healed Thibs is, because if he truly has that elite first step--then that will change the game as it did early-on against Fresno State. McKee will make mistakes if he is pressured and has to throw quickly, but I am just not certain Kayvon truly is 100%.

Mr. FishDuck

Herbstreit just made his upset of the week prediction and he is taking Stanford winning over Oregon. Sounds like he has seen too much sketchiness over the past couple weeks and he thinks today is the day the Ducks have a reckoning for their inconsistent play.

Wow, Georgia is on top of the Hogs 21 to 0 in the first quarter.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, C J said:

Herbstreit just made his upset of the week prediction and he is taking Stanford winning over Oregon.

The cynic in me says Herbie is pumping the crowd to watch Oregon and Stanford on ABC instead of Ole Miss and Alabama on CBS. 

Duck opponents are 6 for 8 on 4th down in 4 games. AZ was 4 of 4. The Ducks CANNOT allow 4th and shorts. It gasses and demoralizes the D.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:35 AM, nw777b said:

Duck opponents are 6 for 8 on 4th down in 4 games. AZ was 4 of 4. The Ducks CANNOT allow 4th and shorts. It gasses and demoralizes the D.

That is pathetic. Something very wrong here.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:44 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

That is pathetic. Something very wrong here.

And yet, they were very good at 4th & short against the Buckeyes.

Stanford doesn't have a good run game this year which means they will need to throw it. 

If Oregon can get them in third and longish and get a stop there won't be a 4th down conversion attempt. 

The big key for the defense is stop the run and get off the field. 

Oregon's offense is good enough to get it done but they need to be on the field. Can't spend a whole quarter like last week with the offense sitting on the sidelines. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone know where I can see a replay of the game later this evening? Hoping to get a replay without knowing the score ahead of time. I don't have DVR capabilities.

A link would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

I have in-laws that showed up yesterday somewhat unexpected and now I am being guilted into mountain biking during the game.🤪

Edited by C J

you tube maybe

On 10/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

you tube maybe

I have never had luck finding anything but highlights on YouTube. I feel like I remember Charles asking if people were interested in seeing replays. 

A few weeks ago someone else posted a link to a replay of the Ohio State game. It worked great but I didn't bookmark the site and now I can't relocate it.

I will have a digital copy that can be watched on a computer, but it will not be available until Sunday morning...

If anyone wants one--contact me at charles@fishduck.com

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

McKee. Completing 68% of his throws and no INTs to date.

Mr. T, please get in this kid's face!

On 10/2/2021 at 11:47 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I will have a digital copy that can be watched on a computer, but it will not be available until Sunday morning...

Thanks Charles! I sent you an email. Not sure how I will be able to avoid seeing or hearing about a score though, but I will try. Dang in-laws! Always ruining my fun 😤

I love mountain biking though, so I shouldn't complain too much.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, C J said:

Thanks Charles! I sent you an email. Not sure how I will be able to avoid seeing or hearing about a score though, but I will try. Dang in-laws! Always ruining my fun 😤

I love mountain biking though, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Priorities, my young patowon.

(And get a dvr!) lol

According to Pre-game:

No sign of nickel Bennett Williams

-- Alex Forsyth went through early pregame but isn’t with centers to take field to start padded warmups. Forsyth is in a jersey and shorts and not going through warmups.

Are both injured?

Edited by NJDuck

On 10/2/2021 at 11:03 AM, C J said:

Anyone know where I can see a replay of the game later this evening? Hoping to get a replay without knowing the score ahead of time. I don't have DVR capabilities.

A link would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

I have in-laws that showed up yesterday somewhat unexpected and now I am being guilted into mountain biking during the game.🤪

If you search youtube look for recordings of about an hour or so  There's almost always some pirate that posts the game prior yo it getting taken down.....posting for a friend. 😉 

I just read that Moorhead did NOT make the trip to Stanford.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I just read that Moorhead did NOT make the trip to Stanford.

Did they give a reason? 

On 10/2/2021 at 12:40 PM, Log Haulin said:

Did they give a reason? 

No

That is targeting 

On 10/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, C J said:

I have never had luck finding anything but highlights on YouTube. I feel like I remember Charles asking if people were interested in seeing replays. 

A few weeks ago someone else posted a link to a replay of the Ohio State game. It worked great but I didn't bookmark the site and now I can't relocate it.

I watched the full game on YouTube last week and the week before.  There are usually several highlight clips of 10 to 20 minutes, but there is a full recording of each game within 6 hours or less.

Ducks looking kinda bad

at least we got a stop there

10 -zip Stanford

I had a feeling that this was gonna be a let down game for Oregon. They are playing terrible on both sides of the ball. Very sloppy. Ducks are getting exposed.  They need to fly straight - like now!

Oregon has not shown to be a top 10 team. 

Time to pull AB? Or give him time to settle down?

Edited by Krsmqn

On 10/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, Log Haulin said:

Oregon has not shown to be a top 10 team all year.

Fixed it for you. 😂

Unfortunately, AB is not good enough to start on a team in the top 10.

Brown has looked aweful so far. 

The interception was a bad and the rest of those passes have been pretty aweful and off target. A bit if a miracle there haven't been more interceptions with those passes. 

Per a school spokesman, Moorhead is being evaluated for non-COVID-related illness.

AB is horrible.  Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. No deep threat at all. Everyone knows it. 

Gonna say it yet again: whatever happens in this game and over this season, the Ducks will be a much better team next year and in 2023.

Blanked in the first. 

Oregon finally gets into a rhythm right as the first quarter ends... 🤦🏻‍♂️ Let's hope they can carry the momentum into the second quarter. 

Ouch!!!! Dang. Poor kid.

terrible d

Oregon does not look like a ranked team

I dont know how much longer I can watch this game.  

Given the body of work so far this season, I would say Oregon is not inconsistent, and does not play up or down to the opposition.

I would say instead that they are really not that good, and have had one exceptional game. Otherwise, they are consistently pretty bad on defense (turnovers excepted) and mediocre on offense.

Every team they've played has moved the ball pretty much at will, from Stony Brook to Ohio State.

Edited by jrw
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:00 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I dont know how much longer I can watch this game.  

I'm close to turning it off myself. 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, David Marsh said:

I'm close to turning it off myself. 

its agonizing plus Mario doesnt seem to know what to do.

more bad luck

at least the call was reversed