Charles Fischer

Stanford GameDay Thread: Go Ducks!

Looks like this team is overrated and under coach I will give Mario a pass for this year but I’m really tired of this crap. He is a great recruiter I’ll give him that but as a head coach and have an a clue as to what he’s doing not so much as far as I’m concerned. 

• Thumbs Up 2

What was that??? Brown runs on 4th down? 

That is just straight up the WRONG decision. 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, nogerO said:

Looks like this team is overrated and under coach I will give Mario a pass for this year but I’m really tired of this crap. He is a great recruiter I’ll give him that but as a head coach and have an a clue as to what he’s doing not so much as far as I’m concerned. 

I agree -hes not an X and Os guy

I'm starting to feel like Brown is a selfish player with some of these QB runs. 

Oregon has killed it when they have attacked the edges but he keeps the ball on the read at 4th and 1 to go up the middle? 

Especially when lacking the starting center. 

So many times the past couple of games Brown has kept it when he shouldn't have. He is either making the wrong reads or thinks he can do better than the running back. 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:22 PM, David Marsh said:

That is just straight up the WRONG decision. 

what do you expect from a Cristobal coached team- its been 3 years now

On 10/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

what do you expect from a Cristobal coached team- its been 3 years now

Normally it is a handoff to a running back at least... Until this year it has been a handoff and let the running back take it into the pile. 

Now it is the QB? 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:22 PM, David Marsh said:

That is just straight up the WRONG 

I agree 100%.   Absolutely no excuse for running brown or anyone up the middle. Verdell has the legs to push. Brown doesn't.  

Edited by nw777b

TT to start the 2nd half? Team needs a spark. Something needs to change. I've never missed watching a Duck game for as long as I can remember. But I'm about done with this cra!. 

Not only that but they go from the I formation with the quarterback 6 yards away from the goal line and then they run him up the middle? Don’t tell me that anybody but Mario Cristobal called that play or approved it. This BS of force running the ball up the middle just to prove who’s got the bigger _______ is getting tiresome. Running the QB up the middle didn’t get us down to their goal line. If there’s one advantage we have over teams like Sanford is our speed. And to not use it in that situation is absolutely ridiculous and that falls to who? FFS!

On 10/2/2021 at 2:31 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

TT to start the 2nd half? Team needs a spark. Something needs to change. I've never missed watching a Duck game for as long as I can remember. But I'm about done with this cra!. 

I hear you man-its tough especially against a not very good team. Where does that put us?

I'm done with QB transfers. 

Brown can't pass.  Just about every throw is behind the receiver.  He is consistently making the wrong decision to keep.  

What does he not see?  3 UO linemen going backwards and red shirts coming at him with no where to run and he chooses to try to push all of them over the goal line.

Why is he the QB?  Too many poor decisions.  Why aren't we using our speed to go outside more?

On 10/2/2021 at 5:31 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

You really think MC has the stones to pull the plug in the AB experiment?  His Achilles’ heel is that he’s so damn conservative. Chip Kelly wouldn’t run that ball up the middle with the quarterback from the eye formationHis Achilles’ heel is that he’s so damn conservative. Chip Kelly wouldn’t run that ball up the middle with the quarterback from the shotgun. 

On 10/2/2021 at 5:32 PM, nogerO said:

Not only that but they go from the I formation with the quarterback 6 yards away from the goal line and then they run him up the middle? Don’t tell me that anybody but Mario Cristobal called that play or approved it. This BS of force running the ball up the middle just to prove who’s got the bigger _______ is getting tiresome. Running the QB up the middle didn’t get us down to their goal line. If there’s one advantage we have over teams like Sanford is our speed. And to not use it in that situation is absolutely ridiculous and that falls to who? FFS!

*shotgun formation

On 10/2/2021 at 2:31 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

I would make the call personally. 

I'm not sure this coaching staff has the guts to make that call though. It's a big risk but Oregon needs something to give them some life. 

Hope Charles is drinking plenty of his Oregon craft beers cause he's going to need em

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Brown flips that to verdell, it’s a walk in touchdown.

you can see the frustration on verdells face on replay for not getting the pitch.

Horrible decision to keep by brown.

Edited by Southwest Duck
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:35 PM, David Marsh said:

I would make the call personally. 

I'm not sure this coaching staff has the guts to make that call though. It's a big risk but Oregon needs something to give them some life. 

amen-My granny would know enough to hand the ball off.

I wouldn't dump on AB  that much; the goal line run was just an awful, awful play call.

The O-line is having trouble run blocking, and AB can't throw the long ball, so that limits the options.

But that 4th down call was just miserable.

I think part of the fan frustration right now is that we can see Brown isn't cutting it. He has reached his ceiling and is isn't good enough. 

We would rather see Thompson with some freshman struggles rather than watch Brown, a sixth year senior, fail to play at the level nmthis team needs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:24 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I agree -hes not an X and Os guy

He better hire coaches to help him with that. 

anybody remember Helf"s number LOL--jeebuss

On 10/2/2021 at 2:40 PM, David Marsh said:

I think part of the fan frustration right now is that we can see Brown isn't cutting it. He has reached his ceiling and is isn't good enough. 

We would rather see Thompson with some freshman struggles rather than watch Brown, a sixth year senior, fail to play at the level nmthis team needs. 

agree 100% GROWTH is what we need NOW. I hate to repeat myself but Stanford really isnt a very good team. At this point Arkansas is way better than Oregon and look what Ga did to them

On 10/2/2021 at 2:40 PM, David Marsh said:

He needs to sit. Play the youngsters. This dude is close to zero with the ball in the air 20+ yards. Hate to be the guy to say "pull him" after first losing half. The body of work over 4.5 games is sub-par.  

On 10/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

agree 100% GROWTH is what we need NOW. I hate to repeat myself but Stanford really isnt a very good team. At this point Arkansas is way better than Oregon and look what Ga did to them

No Moorhead on the field might be a reason to not play TT because there is no QB coach on the sidline. 

But I think there is still way more upside. 

I think Oregon is going to have to lose for a change to be made. 

4 and out great job Ducks!!!

wow thay did it right!!!

Now we need a stop before the 50

On 10/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Now we need a stop before the 50

We got that and now we need to punch it in. 

Damn Verdell injured

On 10/2/2021 at 3:21 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Damn Verdell injured

Hopefully not too serious... 

It has been the narrative this year sadly. 

Own the 4th quarter and finish strong, the game is ours.  Mari prides himself on finishing games, let’s see it happen.

Edited by PittDuck

... not Sewell now. 

OMG

What price we pay with injuries

Thank goodness for a bye next week. 

Duck D line has terrible ball awareness.

Good to see Sewell back in there!

That is one tough kid!

• Like 2

looks like Sewell is ok

Nice seal off block from Jalen Redd to allow Brown to reach the corner of the end zone!

Right now this feels like watching old school Stanford football where they burn all the clock. 

Only it's Oregon running the ball. 

That was NOT targeting... 

He led with his hands and there was contact but that was not targeting. 

OMG. Talk about self destructing. 

I think I've seen the stupidest last 2 minutes of a football game ever.

• Like 2

Who said Oregon footballs boring?

On 10/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, David Marsh said:

That was NOT targeting... 

He led with his hands and there was contact but that was not targeting. 

Add to that he was pushed by a Stanford player into the QB..................

The reffing has been aweful in these last two mins. 

Oregon hasn't played great but that wasn't targeting... And why all of the sudden change what is acceptable okay for pass interference? 

A 4 hour game against a middle tier team in a practically empty stadium.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pathetic garbage, terrible coaching throughout the game