Charles Fischer

Do NOT Take Out Your Frustrations on Fellow Fans...

Look--losing games sucks.  There are few bigger fans than I, and I really disagree with some of you--yet we do not go after other OBD members who disagree with us.

You do not label people as haters, nor do you do the broad sweeping generalizations about fans who disagree with you.  I've dealt with that extensively in the past and I will not allow it here, as it discourages people from posting who might disagree with you. It inhibits them from posting and that is NOT our intent here....I want ALL OPINIONS, and all are protected.  See Rule No. 2 and Rule No. 5 right here.

We are not your therapist's couch; do your venting elsewhere. Got a problem with the coaching? Me too, and state those concerns and you may certainly do so with a ton of latitude not given elsewhere, and going after the coaching and player performance is fine.  See Rule No. 26 of the rules.

In short, we cannot get personal concerning the players or coaches and we never throw shade at other OBD members.

Look at the bright side; you don't have to write an article to be published in the morning. Normally I never sip my tasty Oregon IPAs until I am done writing, because the anger seeps through the lines. But today is an exception.

THIS is the time that tests our values here, and our culture. And I will ban people in a heartbeat, because I'd rather have fewer people who are civilized, and debate the ideas and concepts instead of stooping to what the other sites and the web world does these days.

giphy.gif

No....at the OBD Forum it is just the opposite!  (Go to other sites for that)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

IT IS A GAME. Oregon lost to its old nemesis. 

Tons left to play for including the final 4.

Realistically, how many fans believed the Ducks would finish 15-0?

You are being entirely logical on the morning after Jon, but as both you and I can attest to....it is possible for any of us to let our emotions come through the keyboard in the aftermath of a maddening game.  So many times I've had to step away from the computer before I violated my own rules.

It is a shame, because we went six months and six thousand posts with only two deletions, but in one day (yesterday) we had three deletions.  One day, one thread had more than then six months...but it was the type of game that flushes out mistakes by people in their posting.  I am not offering sympathy to them, because I have to deal with it in the background--and it sucks.  Some don't get it, and that shouts to a bad ending for them.

One thing I've seen recently is that the culture of a site is much more fragile than I realized, and thus why I cannot play "prevent-defense" with violations.  I have to jump on them immediately, or I will see more of them soon.

It is also important to set the tone now, because I suspect we may have more frustrating afternoons/evenings this year yet.  But overall--I am so delighted with this community and grateful to have everyone on-board and having fun posting our thoughts again.

I was talking with 30Duck about how much fun this is again, (prior to the game yesterday) and how I love the humor component returning.

I missed this more than I knew, and I will really fight to keep it going and keep it true to what I've promised to everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The Forum is FUN!

No one likes to take a loss. But in any given season a handful of the 130 teams playing G5/P5 CFB run the table.

Under this Playoff system it is far better to take a loss early rather than late.

I do think what many of us are reasonably asking is whether the team can and will improve? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never bought into the "good loss" theory, but maybe this one was good for us. I don't think we really thought that the Ducks were No.3, now they won't be; and hopefully they'll take this well positioned bye to make changes, and we can go on pointing out something we see and learning from somebody else's observations.

That is a process not found in other Forums where people use the opportunity to SHOUT because they know what's wrong and have the only answer to fixing it. Discussion doesn't grow from this, just a bunch of declarations that  turns into noise.

We're better than this. We can agree or disagree, it doesn't matter as long as being RIGHT isn't the only purpose of what we post, but instead is to add to the discussion. Go Duck!

• Like 1

I went to "kick the dog"....we don't have a dog. (I love dogs btw).

I saw one of the posts. It is tempting to generalize. 

I love the comments on this site. Even when I disagree. It gives me a much broader perspective and SO much insight.

Even though I've watched football since about 1967, when I was 5, and played the game,  this site has shown me I know about 20 percent or less of ALL facets of the game.

Go Ducks!

On 10/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, nw777b said:

I love the comments on this site. Even when I disagree. It gives me a much broader perspective and SO much insight.

You have no idea what a comment like that means to me.  What you stated is what my mission is--what I am trying to achieve.

I earnestly thank you and I will put that comment in my "You Do Not Suck" file.  (Not sarcastic, as I have one!)

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, Charles Fischer said:

You have no idea what a comment like that means to me.  What you stated is what my mission is--what I am trying to achieve.

I earnestly thank you and I will put that comment in my "You Do Not Suck" file.  (Not sarcastic, as I have one!)

giphy.gif

ROTFL  !! Did you take me out of the "you MIGHT suck pile"? Just kidding... LOL

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 2:19 PM, nw777b said:

ROTFL  !! Did you take me out of the "you MIGHT suck pile"? Just kidding... LOL

Actually....I have a "You DO Suck File," and it is pretty large.  Mostly from those who I've banned, or hate me for my predictions about the Oregon offense, or now hate me because I was right!

When you been at this a decade--you get a ton of feedback...

giphy.gif

Been there!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck