C J

Beav's Win!

Jonathan Smith played the last possession to perfection. 

Beav's as Pac12 North champs? How about P12 overall champion? 

Would be a pretty amazing David versus Goliath story. 

On 10/2/2021 at 9:20 PM, C J said:

Beav's as Pac12 North champs? How about P12 overall champion? 

They did it in basketball last season, and I think the football team is better than was the basketball team.

Full disclosure:

Beavs fan here, 

This thread seems surreal if maybe a little "fishy" to be on Fishduck but I will play along...

No I think Chance Nolan isn't quite experienced enough to take the beavs to a title. He had a bad game yesterday but more than that he showed other teams how to defend him: drop the linebackers and show him blanket coverage. This is something no other team tried against him yet and the fuskies held him to less than 50 yards passing. He's always had happy feet but now they are worse since he has been told to stay in the pocket and not allowed to run. Sure he will eventually learn to get out and pick up yards in front of the linebackers with his legs but it goes against his training. I love what the beavs are doing but there is too much riding on an inexperienced qb this year to go to the Rosebowl. 

I also think the ducks will add a couple of losses to their record this year because of an inexperienced qb if they go to TT. There is just so much learning at that position, a kid can get by with athletic ability or instincts some of the time but he is going to make mistakes and when he does those are magnified at the position.

And oh yeah if the beavs had the much more experienced Tristan Gebbia not permanently injured they might be a rose bowl team but unfortunately he was injured when someone pulled his leg bone out of his hip after the whistle.

Cheers,

Jon Blowcheese

Hey Blowcheese, thanks for dropping by, and please do so again. Watching the Beavers win last night salvaged  Saturday. Smith is doing a great job, and the future looks bright, with the exception of the Beavers not winning whatever that game around Thanksgiving is called now. 

• Haha 1

Yessir no matter what there is always the Battle for Monroe. They can't take away over 125 years of uncivilities on the gridiron.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, Blowcheese said:

This thread seems surreal if maybe a little "fishy" to be on Fishduck but I will play along...

Nah, nothing fishy, there are a few of us who root for all sporting teams in the state of Oregon. For me I graduated from OSU but I grew up closer to Eugene and have been going to games at Autzen since the mid-eighties. 

I root for the Beav's in every game except one each year. The Beav's are on the verge of a great sporting story if they can keep winning. Out of the ashes rises this years Beaver team....a true underdog story. While you are probably right that Nolan won't bring them the Pac12 championship it's still fun to think about. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I like it when the beavs beat teams other than the Ducks.   They need to beat Stanford this season so Ducks can win the north.