oregon112

This Team has Deep Structural Problems

No downfield passing success and can't stop the other team's passing attack - 5 out of 5 games. 

This is all I need to see to know that something is fundamentally wrong with this team.  Oregon is out of sync on both offense and defense. 

This is especially troubling when I can see that Oregon has players that are better than the opposition in most games. 

Stanford made an adjustment the last 2 minutes of the game and continued it into overtime.  Oregon was not able to match what Stanford was doing at that point.

I expected Oregon to come out and open the playbook in all phases of the game to challenge Stanford, but the team looked like they don't know how to play football. 

By the way, UCLA can't pass the ball either tonight and Az St is blowing them out. 

Oregon looked well coached in 2017 when the snake was in charge and Leavitt was DC.  Ducks haven't looked good under Cristobal, even when they are winning. 

Cristobal is looking like another Donte Williams - a super recruiter and someone who looks like they can coach, but what is on the field looks like a mess. 

My expectations are very low until I can see a team that its schemes together. 

• Thumbs Up 4

A-men, O112!

And now probably without Verdell for most of the season.

Not sure that the team has deep structural problems beyond injuries on the defense where players are now playing out of position.

Pretty sure we all knew that we weren’t the #3 team in the nation. I had really hoped we were, but our defense would need to be rated in the top 5 in the nation to overcome our QB play. 

A good QB fixes a lot of issues. We have some sitting on the bench that can’t do any worse.

Edited by Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/3/2021 at 3:39 PM, Drake said:

Not sure that the team has deep structural problems beyond injuries on the defense where players are now playing out of position.

Pretty sure we all knew that we weren’t the #3 team in the nation. I had really hoped we were, but our defense would need to be rated in the top 5 in the nation to overcome our QB play. 

A good QB fixes a lot of issues. We have some sitting on the bench that can’t do any worse.

The secondary is letting catches happen easily for first down after first down - the defensive scheme is not good. 

On offense, they run up the middle,  attack the edges with runs and short passes, and do little else - so the D knows what is coming.  Screen passes don't work for the Ducks.  And once teams figure out how to stop Brown from getting yards with his legs, then the whole offense will melt down. 

There needs to be a downfield passing threat - to spread out the defense and to get some long gains that turn into TDs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1