FishDuck Article

Cristobal’s Problem? It’s the Oregon Fans!

On 10/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, David Marsh said:

I have gone from a non-fan to a die hard fan and all that happened in the Kelly years... a die hard fan that writes for this website. After a loss like like the one suffered last Saturday I find the need to detox myself and get some perspective and then I realize that all my internet activity is Oregon Ducks related or history, news, or board games. 

I find myself in the similar spot Charles, I find myself frustrated because the product on the field isn't terribly interesting from an offensive stand point. The defense being bend but don't break or just bend until breaking is kinda run of the mill for Oregon so it has to be a truly powerful lock-down defense for me to get excited about it. 

This Oregon team has kinda needed a loss like this to be a kick in the pants to get them to wake up... but I really do find that the players might wake up a little bit.. but the changes really need to come from the top. The offense needs an overhaul, it needs to be a modern offense. 

At the end of last year I did write an open letter to Mario Cristobal. I feel what I wrote then is still valid today. I don't think I will lose interest in the team, it has kinda become a hobby that has dominated my free time. 

I don't think getting rid of MC is the answer... because if not MC then who? No one should be making comparisons with ANY coach to Saban. Saban is an anomaly at this sport. Though MC really does need to get introspective and determine what needs to change is him. 

Outside of this, I just want to know when Dog will catch that Laundrie guy.  I don't have any other internet interests other than checking the surf

report. 

As for giving up on being emotionally connected to the team, I gave up on the Blazers long ago when Brandon Roy hogged the ball.  I lost interest and never cared again. 

I am on the verge of not caring about Oregon football because of how they are coached.  I watch other pac12 games on a free site, and I see teams that are set up to play competitive college football. 

This is four years in a row that I have felt that way.  This offense is like 4 yrs of Brady Hoke defense. 

When I saw the end of the game when Az St was taking it to UCLA, I was thinking - we would lose to them too. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 10:01 PM, oregon112 said:

Outside of this, I just want to know when Dog will catch that Laundrie guy.  I don't have any other internet interests other than checking the surf

report. 

As for giving up on being emotionally connected to the team, I gave up on the Blazers long ago when Brandon Roy hogged the ball.  I lost interest and never cared again. 

I am on the verge of not caring about Oregon football because of how they are coached.  I watch other pac12 games on a free site, and I see teams that are set up to play competitive college football. 

This is four years in a row that I have felt that way.  This offense is like 4 yrs of Brady Hoke defense. 

When I saw the end of the game when Az St was taking it to UCLA, I was thinking - we would lose to them too. 

ASU exposed UCLA….wouldn’t be at all surprised if they expose the Ducks, too.

Here's the thing: it seems as if we're watching a train wreck in slow motion far too often.  

Darren Perkins called it:. We dangle the upset carrot in front of our opponents. 

I see way too much trash talking from the players.  I want to see tackling and blocking that looks like a Mike Tyson punch ( or George Foreman for that matter).

This team should have dominated Ohio State.  I'm talking how the Buckeyes left Minnesota behind the week before.  I expected Fresno, Stoney, Zona,  and Stanford to waive white flags at halftime.  

I don't see fire in their eyes.  I don't see a willingness to punish opponents for having the audacity to show up and play us.  

The Terminator.  Remember that movie?  Remember the relentless drive to finish off Sarah Conner? Noah Sewell, CJ Ferrell, Travis Dye and Justin Flowe are the only players with that kind of mentality.  

You know, even King Kong backed his chest thumping with a can of a** whupping.  Ali would talk major smack, then put you on the canvas.  

I feel like I'm looking at a Stag show when I watch my Ducklings.  And it isn't funny.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 10/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, Mike West said:

I don't see fire in their eyes.  I don't see a willingness to punish opponents for having the audacity to show up and play us.  

This is an epic post Mike--awesome.  It gets many of us to thinking...

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, Mike West said:

I saw the O line and D line give it their all in the second half.  Pittman ran like he was possessed on his catch and punt returns. Wright battled hard. Verdell and Dye were getting extra yards after contact. 

What was missing was the net result.  With a change at QB, I still think they could be the #3 team.  But now they need another RB, and some consistency at weakside LB. 

KT & Funa played hard on the edges. And the last offensive drive, the O line blocked the best they had done all year - only the procedure calls let Stanford get the ball back.  

On 10/6/2021 at 1:35 AM, oregon112 said:

I saw the O line and D line give it their all in the second half.  Pittman ran like he was possessed on his catch and punt returns. Wright battled hard. Verdell and Dye were getting extra yards after contact. 

What was missing was the net result.  With a change at QB, I still think they could be the #3 team.  But now they need another RB, and some consistency at weakside LB. 

KT & Funa played hard on the edges. And the last offensive drive, the O line blocked the best they had done all year - only the procedure calls let Stanford get the ball back.  

Interesting...

And very good points.

I recognize Brown failed epically. We STILL should have wiped them out.

Fast Hard Finish.  As I've mentioned, that describes exactly how title contenders play.  

Start to finish. Knock the snot out of your man.  Take their will to fight away immediately.

Until I see that, I think of Cristobal as fooling himself (still love the guy).