30Duck

It's Justin Time For Monday Night Football

Remember this guy?

image.jpeg.0d3e13189bf469b8321d4c99b73d9a89.jpeg

He said it would be a HUGE mistake for any team to draft this guy

image.jpeg.43557c86f6f840f75a89939eb9a99fd8.jpeg

He was the Offensive Rookie Of the Year last season, and he's even better this season...and He's a Duck!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

This is SO COOL!  Thanks 30Duck for bringing it to our attention...

Herbert on Monday Night_Chargers Twitter.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

That is one great theme song!

I'm an avid college football fan, Oregon specifically, but have never spent time watching the pros.  I've always looked at them as a bunch of over paid prima donnas.  But now that we have a local Oregon quarterback playing for a west coast pro team with an apparently very smart head coach, I may become a fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Herbert 1st Half:  20/25 att; 175 yds passing;  7.0 avg;  3 TD;  0 INT ; 135.4 QBR

• Thanks 1

Halftime: Chargers 21 Raiders 0

Opening drive, Justin 6-6 touchdown pass, another touchdown pass, inside 2:00 first half, 3rd TD pass to 3 different receivers. 20-25, 175 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT's.

His accuracy is unbelievable.  Then I thought of how Brown throws....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Raiders tried to come back, like they have all season, but not tonight. Chargers, Raiders, Broncos 3 way tie for first place, Chiefs in last, 2-2

I hope Cristobal watched the Chargers and his old quarterback tonight.  Even more, I wish he would learn something from Staley, like how to run an effective, imaginative offense, how to be unpredictable, and how to manage a game clock.  What a difference.  Very fun game to watch.  That coach is really sharp.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:03 PM, 47sgs said:

I wish he would learn something from Staley, like how to run an effective, imaginative offense,

He is running the New Orleans system, and under Cristobal--there has been no system.  Chip had one, and Bellotti did, but...

Mr. FishDuck

While watching the game I couldn't help but thinking of the old line about Michael Jordan and Dean Smith.

I had a feeling Herbie could be a beast ,too bad Cristobal didn't

Hope Rob Mullens watched that game last night and learned something,

We know Cristobal didn't..

Herbert now has NFL receivers 

At Oregon he had crap

In fact, they're still here and they aren't any better 

After beating Mahomes in Arrowhead in his second season Herbert is proving he is the real deal. Sometimes young qb's have a few good games, then struggle. Herbert is just getting better and better.

It is exciting to hear the knowledgable pundits break down his game. Herbert has all the tools to become one of the all-time greats. Fortunately he also has the supporting cast, and a very good coach.