Charles Fischer

I Was WRONG about a Cool Feature in this Forum!

I told everyone in the introductory video that when you are signed in....a dot or star will appear to the left of a topic title on the front page when you return, and it was based upon whether you started the topic or not.

WRONG.

The dot indicates that you have not commented in the thread, and the star indicates that you HAVE commented in the thread.

The Cool Part?  When you click on the dot or star...it will take you right to where you left off reading in the thread.  So when you left and there were ten posts you had read, and upon your return you now see there are eight new ones?  Click on the dot or star on the left and it will take you to No. 11, where you left off.

How cool!  Saves a ton of time scrolling and trying to recall...now did I read that post by Mr. FishDuck?  (Looks kinda boring, so...)

Changes taking place!  Yep, you will have noticed that the background color of the posts has gone from white-to-green-to-yellow and back to white!  Part of that is yours-truly experimenting, and part of that is the Web Developer making some tweaks to our Moderating Software, to make it operate better.

We will have more of that going as we work to make this very user-friendly....and do click on "Directions" in upper left!

giphy.gif

But to see the "Scroll-Saving" dot or star....you have to be a member of the forum and signed in.  Otherwise you will not see them!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck