Jon Joseph

Place Your Bets?

I am now 7-4 on the season after going a sorry 1-3 last weekend.

I did not know that the Ducks starting center and OC would be on the PUP list? But I should never have overlooked the Stanford Nemesis Factor. 

I did not know Ole Miss best WR, Mingo, would not be able to play vs Bama? But, Come On Man, you never under-cook popcorn and you never bet against a Bama team playing in Tuscaloosa, never.

As for Maryland hanging with and covering vs Iowa? No excuse Sir! However, I certainly did not see Tua's kid bro throwing 6 picks in front of a sold out Terps crowd?

I did expect the Penn St to cover  at home vs Indiana. Although, I did not expect the Hoosiers O to play like a bunch of Hosers?  24-0 PSU and my only Week 5 win.

One problem with betting CFB vs the NFL? The NFL requires up to date data on player injuries and in regards to extenuating circumstances, such as an OC being out. This info leaks out in CFB, pre-game if it leaks out at all.

But, and like I hope Oregon will do post-Stanford, I am ready to bounce back! No idle week for me. I'm still the QB in my 74th season with no young pups prepared to sit me down on the bench. The spouse however?

FLORIDA -38.5 vs Vandy. The Gators significantly out-gained Kentucky in Lexington last weekend and lost. I look for the Gators to take it out big time on SEC punching bag Vandy.

VA TECH - straight up +110 vs -1.5 Notre Dame. Blacksburg is a tough place to play; especially, when you have no idea about which QB to start against the Hokies? The ND OL has not come close to replacing the 3 Domer OL guys taken in the 2021 draft. And the ND run game is suffering as a result.

TEXAS vs OKLAHOMA - I doubt we will see 4 OTs this season like we saw in the 2020 UT/OK game? But I still like the Over 63.5. OK's O awakened at least somewhat, at K ST and I think the UT O is good for at least 30 points against an OK but a not great, OK D.

Never bet more than your wallet can absorb.