1Ducker1

Im going to ask a Question about Cristobal.

How confident are you in Cristobal eventually bringing a NC to Oregon?

More confident in him than any other coach in Duck history.

He may have his (well documented in these forums) flaws, but he brings in the 4 and 5 star talent.

Saban wins at bama because he has the best players.

Oregon is getting to that point,  after a couple more recruiting classes, we will be close talent wise with an easier path to the playoffs.  (PAC-12 schedule  vs sec)

I firmly believe we will be in the playoffs with a realistic chase to win the whole enchilada, in the next 2-3 years.

There will be some ups and downs along they way, but let’s all enjoy the ride!

Go ducks! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 10:10 PM, Southwest Duck said:

More confident in him than any other coach in Duck history.

He may have his (well documented in these forums) flaws, but he brings in the 4 and 5 star talent.

Saban wins at bama because he has the best players.

Oregon is getting to that point,  after a couple more recruiting classes, we will be close talent wise with an easier path to the playoffs.  (PAC-12 schedule  vs sec)

I firmly believe we will be in the playoffs with a realistic chase to win the whole enchilada, in the next 2-3 years.

There will be some ups and downs along they way, but let’s all enjoy the ride!

Go ducks! 

But the Chipper was 'this close.' And without a Blue Chip roster. If he had only called a better game vs Auburn? Nick A's D showed up big time. Worst game CAM played the entire season.

But like last week vs Stanford the Ducks got zero zebra support in that BCS champ game. Harris did intercept that pass and if Dyer's knee wasn't down his forward motion was stopped.

Before Mario has a shot at a Natty he has to get there.

You cannot be in the running and take a loss against a .500 ASU team.

• Thumbs Up 3

That Auburn game was brutal. You are bringing back bad memories.

But I would argue college football had less super teams back then.  Less talent at the big schools and also Chip’S scheme caught the college football world off guard.  

I guess there is a chance we could hire a coach that has some crazy scheme and catches lightning in a bottle again,  but I think the more likely path to a natty is layering talent on top of talent.

Working hard on the recruiting trail and eventually getting there.

Chip lost to Boise st ( I think it’s as bad as the asu loss for Mario) and took over a team already on the upswing.

Mario took us out of the dumpster and already has two pac-12 titles and a rose bowl win!  

• Thumbs Up 1

No confidence at all. I just don't see it happening. He's a great recruiter, but not a particularly good coach. Despite having superior talent on his roster, there have been far too many times when he's made the opposing team look good. Frankly, he seems to have a knack for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not gonna happen.

You can recruit 4/5 star players all you want to, but if they are coached to play like 2 star players you will never see a natty.

My personal opinion is that he is missing the fire of a super competitive coach.

Edited by 1Ducker1
spelling

And by the way ASU is taking Stanford to the cleaners--very upsetting.

Not confident at all. I'd say his chances are slim to none.

There must be numerous high school FB coaches in the state of Oregon with superior game management skills. It’s appalling how regularly MC is easily out coached. Game after game. How frustrating it must be for many of the players. Extraordinary talent & facilities—-boring results! I’ve been watching Ducks football since the days of George Shaw. We seem to have an “albatross” running the show—— 

• Thumbs Up 1

If MC were open to change and could learn from his mistakes, there might be some hope for him.  The fact is that he is too set in his ways, and his ways aren't producing. The only exception is recruiting. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Not really confident...but I believe it will.

In two years we will have 5 top classes in a row and hopefully a 5* qb throwing strikes to 5* WR's.

It could happen. Right? I mean, if we're lucky, right? Maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

I am confident that if he can stop screwing the pooch, he can get us to the playoffs. 

Let the coordinators draw up plays/schemes and make personnel decisions, especially at QB. 

It will be especially tough for a team from the northwest to beat the best team in the nation.  Just getting to the playoffs and having some kind of chance late in the game is a win for me. 

• Like 1

Coach drives me crazy. Arguably we are starting the worst QB in the PAC 12. The Ohio game is the only game Brown has been above average. This would be a perfect time to try a different QB.Brown seemingly wants to be the star. Close to the goal line he will not option off to a running back.  The way Stanford was beat Oregon could lose two or three games in the Pac12. I hope he can turn it around but my confidence level is low.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am confident we will continue to lauded for winning the recruiting battle every year. We might even move on to becoming the preseason favorites. The problem with those two wins is they don't translate to winning during the season.

I am still curious to see a Cristobal offense with a very good qb, great receivers and some strong RB's, but it seems like we already have that, they are sitting on the bench!

• Thumbs Up 2

1) A massive amount of injuries to key players 

2) Poor qb play

3) last minute o cord medical emergency 

4) Horrible pac12 officiating that definitely affected the outcome of the game.

These things are just a bump in the road on our path to a natty!

They are largely out of Cristobals control (other than qb play)

The overall trajectory of this program is up up up!

Dont worry,  I’ll slide over and let the rest of you back on the bandwagon, when our ducks get back on track!!!

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

It'll never happen as long as MC is coach. Barely counting last year, he's had four seasons to develop an offensive style that could win an NC. His style is a consistent mess when it comes to clock management and play calling. I've seen games where Oregon's got the kickoff and on the 1st series he's already calling a time out. That kind of mismanagement is what will keep him out of an NC game. In fact unless the CFP is expanded I don't ever see MC taking the Ducks to the CFP's.