FishDuck Article

Baboon Research: Discussing Oregon Football can Relieve Stress?

A study passed along to me indicates that I have been operating the Our Beloved Ducks forum in a similar way to what occurred in a research setting involving baboon behavior. Our OBD results have been matching what was in the findings, and what has occurred in the wild. Pretty surprising and unexpected, yet let’s see whether it’s just coincidence ...

Read the full article here...

• Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

The only problem is that group of baboon's doesn't have a football team run by Mario Cristobal. All findings all invalid!

5ptpb3.jpg

• Haha 2

So eliminating super-aggressive alpha males creates a more harmonious society? Who'd've thunk it?  😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2021 at 8:10 AM, Annie said:

So eliminating super-aggressive alpha males creates a more harmonious society? Who'd've thunk it?  😉

But, but, but......I was raised by a super aggressive alpha female. LOL

• Haha 2

Well, I thought I might find a college who's mascot might be the Baboons, but instead found this page. The Ducks are #3. 😱 

http://petslady.com/article/10-college-mascots-are-really-strange-and-how-they-came-be

Edited by nw777b
  • Haha 2

Respect and enjoy the peace ✌️✊

On 10/9/2021 at 8:10 AM, Annie said:

So eliminating super-aggressive alpha males creates a more harmonious society? Who'd've thunk it?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to provide more information, as an article can only go so long.  First there are a great many species in the animal/bird kingdom where the Alpha in each family is the female, so we need to be careful of our conclusions.

I do not moderate this site based on gender, but on behaviors. And it is behaviors that were the difference in the Baboon troop atmosphere, as they are here in the OBD forum. What usually comes up and I've been accused of often on other sites, or from those I've blacklisted is..."you eliminate voices that disagree with you."  And they want to argue the topic with me in an email...

I explain that I don't care what the topic views are, as I want to see them all.  But regardless of what side you take--you must follow our rules governing behaviors on this site.  The same rules in the baboon troop centered around behaviors as well.

So much of the censorship taking place in Social Media centers around the viewpoint or the opinion being eliminated.  The same is true when FishDuck articles are censored from two major data aggregators; they want positive articles about Oregon football, and do not want any Critical Analysis.  That is again dealing with particular opinions or viewpoints, where my rules and moderating are based upon behaviors.

Mr. FishDuck

Power and greed caused distress among the meek and powerless, yet led to the downfall of the alpha baboons?

Left to care for their community, the meek created a less stressful baboon society?

Does it take baboons to help us understand the messages of many historical profits and philosophers?

Charles, thank you for weeding out the alpha baboons from this forum!

Funny stuff Mr. Fishduck, you have given more ammo to my sweet wife to use against me when she says I've got "monkey brain".

I do however appreciate the safety of expression found here. Thank you Charles. 

On 10/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, nw777b said:

Well, I thought I might find a college who's mascot might be the Baboons, but instead found this page. The Ducks are #3. 😱 

http://petslady.com/article/10-college-mascots-are-really-strange-and-how-they-came-be

Somehow I don't put The Duck in the same category as The Purple Cow or The Banana Slug...😄

• Haha 1