Haywarduck

Cristobal interview and each fan gets one question, what will it be?

My question, is the million dollar question on offense.

Mr. Cristobal thank you for taking my question. It is a two part question but really hits at the essence of most fans angst about the Mario Cristobal Ducks. Oregon football, in modern days, has always been about innovation.

Is it true you wanted to bring power football to this innovative culture and give me two ways you have?  Mario '.....................................'

If true what is it going to take to see this type of power football where we score boatloads of points, and crush opponents, what 3 or more things are missing in your quest for this type of football? Mario ' Well juice and .....................................................'

• Thumbs Up 2

You have said the offensive (and perhaps the defensive) systems are run by committee. Have you considered giving your coordinators greater control to run the systems and schemes that they have run in the past and were successful with?

"In your opening press conference...you promised to stick to fast tempo and to running an offense that the fans find entertaining.  Have you done both?"

giphy.gif

Bonus Question:  "If the fans and Rob Mullens knew you had this in mind on offense....do you think you would have still got the job?"

Second Bonus Question: The original Oregon Spread Offense was the first in NCAA history to score 45 points a game for three years straight; the Gulf Coast Offense of 2017 averaged nearly 50 points a game when Herbert was healthy.  Why would you dump two offenses that were so successful?

My friends....I've been asked why I don't ask those questions since I have media credentials?  The answer is why all the other media doesn't; if you want access, you have to suck-up. The same censorship against anything negative especially persists in the Athletic Department, home of GoDucks.com, the Oregon version of Pravda

That is why I don't ask those questions, but I do write about them extensively.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/9/2021 at 9:03 AM, Charles Fischer said:

My friends....I've been asked why I don't ask those questions since I have media credentials?  The answer is why all the other media doesn't; if you want access, you have to suck-up. The same censorship against anything negative especially persists in the Athletic Department, home of GoDucks.com, the Oregon version of Pravda

Not surprised about goducks.com. Seems like they are basically paid to blow sunshine. Canzano gets into some of the tough issues but doesn't quite get to the source the way your questions above would.

Another question for me: Do you have a goal of how much you want to score per game? If so what is it and what is keeping you from attaining it?

On 10/9/2021 at 9:03 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Why would you dump two offenses that were so successful?

I continue to believe the answer to this question is............Jim Mastro. I think he has an outsized influence on what we are seeing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who calls the plays on offence?

On 10/9/2021 at 9:44 AM, C J said:

I continue to believe the answer to this question is............Jim Mastro. I think he has an outsized influence on what we are seeing.

I think that is part of the answer, but it is primarily Cristobal himself.  He would rather be tough, than score as many points as he can.  Why else would he dump two highly successful offenses for this?

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Why is the Offense so lackluster and boring?

Did they run the offense by committee at Alabama? If not, why is it more important to do it here at Oregon?

• Thumbs Up 1