C J

Would Braxton Burmeister Have Given us a Better Chance?

Burmeister is looking pretty good for the VT Hokies.  Not a world beater but solid. He has come a long way since filling in behind Herbert in Slick's offense.

I can't help but wonder if he would of started on this years Ducks team over Anthony Brown?

He had his fair share of chances. He was horrendous. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Let us keep it simple DUCK FANS, AB has no deep ball. So get real Mario! Play the kids now, It worked for Texas A&M.
  • Like 1

Let’s face it Mario is a gifted recruiter but an extremely stubborn man. The sample size is huge. I agree with nw777b, Braxton had his chance and failed miserably. 

Go🦆🦆🦆 beat Cal then everyone else.

Proper depth and development would have and will help going forward. Right now we have the proper depth, we just need the development.

Hopefully the bountiful evidence of other programs playing their young qb's, ours aren't really freshman, except for Ty, will help with the decision process. Also there is ample evidence of the struggles our 6th year senior is having, he needs help. 

The job of the coach is to put players in position to succeed, at qb this isn't happening right now, time for change, and progress on the development front!

5pwtrj.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:00 PM, nw777b said:

He had his fair share of chances. He was horrendous. 

True, but he doesn't look horrendous now. He doesn't look like the best college qb but a few of his long downfield passes were stellar. He is also tough as nails on his runs. 

His numbers are very similar to AB's.

I'm happy he found another home. Great for him.

Go Ducks!

No.  He was awful when he was here.

Burmeister was not developed as a QB when he played here.  Neither was Herbert. 

On 10/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, oregon112 said:

Burmeister was not developed as a QB when he played here.  Neither was Herbert. 

This was the point I was really trying to get at. I think we have a big issue with being able to get the most out of our quarterback and receiver positions.