oregon112

I only saw some football today, not a lot. But I can tell you that Oregon would get blown out if they played bama/T a&m/Tx/Oklahoma.

Why?   Because those teams have a GAME PLAN.  And some QBs who can complete long throws. They bring blitzers.  They change up coverages.  They get their receivers open.  Their QBs LOOK for secondary receivers, instead of tucking and running for 2 yd gains. 

It is not so much player talent, but having the players play well as a team.  This aspect will probably get even more noticeable as the season wears on. 

They also probably wouldn't have much of a chance against teams like Iowa, Penn St, Kentucky and others. 

I think they did a great job of scouting and game planning Ohio St.  But I think  that was going to be the only game of the season where the coaching staff did better than the opposing coaching staffs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Of the 4 you mentioned, which of the teams played good defense? 

Kentucky? I'll wait to see how KY looks at UGA Saturday. Penn State, without Sean Clifford? Why would the Ducks not be competitive?

The Oregon team that played at Ohio State without it best player on the field,  can compete against any team in the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jon Joseph said:

The Oregon team that played at Ohio State without it best player on the field,  can compete against any team in the country.

That team may never be seen again.  Oregon has gotten worse each week since then.  Maybe they can turn it around.  Maybe not.  A lackluster win vs Cal would be a bad sign.  Brown getting even worse would be a bad sign.  Giving up huge passing yards for yet another week would be a bad sign. 

Changing QBs and tightening up the pass coverage would be a good sign. 

On 10/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, oregon112 said:

Changing QBs and tightening up the pass coverage would be a good sign.

Along with seeing some level of dynamic blitzing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mario has to change some things up or Oregon Fans are going to get bored with his style of offense. Even Bama has changed their offense and I remember Nick was against the RPO and the hurry up offense. The days of scoring 24 points or less are over.

On top of that Im getting really tired of the 3 and outs and Im sure our D is too.

On 10/10/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Of the 4 you mentioned, which of the teams played good defense? 

Kentucky? I'll wait to see how KY looks at UGA Saturday. Penn State, without Sean Clifford? Why would the Ducks not be competitive?

Thanks I needed that. Oregon can compete and wants to compete. When I think back to how they played with Thibs on the field against FSU I wonder how we became so negative about our Mighty Ducks. That team which started the season was on fire!

We can compete against any team in the nation. I hope we rise up and do it!

• Thumbs Up 1

On fire, up 8 at the half? Tied after three quarters. Even with Thibs for most of the first half, it would be hard to characterize the Ducks’ play as impressive.

This season has been so frustrating. The excitement generated after the win at Ohio State catapulted Oregon to a number three national ranking. Knowing what possibly lay ahead - a birth in the playoff - should have been enough incentive to prevent any letdown, and yet it happened the very next week against Stony Brook, then again against Arizona, then Stanford.

Those lackluster efforts may doom Oregon come playoff time, should the Ducks still be in contention at the end of the regular season.

On 10/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, DUCKED said:

On fire, up 8 at the half? Tied after three quarters. Even with Thibs for most of the first half, it would be hard to characterize the Ducks’ play as impressive.

This season has been so frustrating. The excitement generated after the win at Ohio State catapulted Oregon to a number three national ranking. Knowing what possibly lay ahead - a birth in the playoff - should have been enough incentive to prevent any letdown, and yet it happened the very next week against Stony Brook, then again against Arizona, then Stanford.

Those lackluster efforts may doom Oregon come playoff time, should the Ducks still be in contention at the end of the regular season.

We were up 14-0 after the first quarter. The defense was on fire, Thibs caused a fumble and then Sewell caused a fumble, we scored twice off the defense. Then it all started to crumble, I agree.

For the first quarter we were all we thought we were after the tosu game. After that first quarter I thought we could go undefeated, and have looked for that optimism since, maybe after the Cal game, who knows.

Maybe that is the problem, we started off the season looking like giants, and then faded. We then beat a giant and then faded again. The fade hasn't stopped, but many of us have lost the glow from the yellow glasses we love to wear, and would love to put back on.

5q30mu.jpg