Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Confused

Tank vs fighter jet?

Mario and his associates are exceptional recruiters.  He deserves his money simply for that.  But I loved watching the Ducks back in the day, win or lose,  they inspired passion man!   You never knew what was going to happen.  You just knew it wasn’t going to be boring!  Fake punts from your own 10 yard line etc...   Oregon inspired either love or hate, there was no In between. 

We used to be fighter jets with some of the best pilots in the country.  Dixon, Harrington, Thomas, Mariota, Clemens, and many others.   

Mario, bless his heart, just hates having fun.   He’s an old school lineman with an ego to match his salary.    Oregon Ducks changed college football forever.  Even LSU, Bama, Michigan, now run our old offense.   They moved away from the tank approach of grind, grind, grind, and evolved.   Mario wants to go back to the old days I’m afraid.  

We cannot win a title anymore if we can’t stretch the field, if we don’t take risks,  and when everyone in the nation knows your next play.   I miss watching the fighter jets we used to be, when we destroyed teams, or crashed and burned.   We spent our time talking about the players not the head coach.  He’s now the center of attention and he shouldn’t be.  Mario has to big of an ego for change.  To afraid to share any glory, to stubborn to realize he’s failing as a coach. He needs to stick to what he does best. Getting the ingredients to the table.  And nothing more.

Ducks are meant to fly baby!  Time to change are name perhaps?  Maybe the Oregon 🐃 water buffalo?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

its the same problem on defense too.  No more blitzes.  No more changed coverages.  Just play back and let them catch the ball and hope to get an INT before they score. 

That’s what my daughter was saying.  I’m just hoping something clicks and they start playing like the top ten recruiting class they have been now for several years.   

My analogy is were are in a bike race with a 30 year old steel framed 25 lb bike. The rest of the racers are on carbon fiber frames with aero handlebars and disc wheels. The problem is our program invented all these innovations and now aren't using them, maddening.

I am also feeling like a broken record and the song I am playing isn't fun for me or anyone else to listen too. Hopefully Cristobal will help get another song in my head, but I am not holding my breath, just plugging my ears for now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks are in a deep rut and the bus driver's a sleep at the wheel.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, Confused said:

Mario and his associates are exceptional recruiters.  He deserves his money simply for that.  But I loved watching the Ducks back in the day, win or lose,  they inspired passion man!   You never knew what was going to happen.  You just knew it wasn’t going to be boring!  Fake punts from your own 10 yard line etc...   Oregon inspired either love or hate, there was no In between. 

We used to be fighter jets with some of the best pilots in the country.  Dixon, Harrington, Thomas, Mariota, Clemens, and many others.   

Mario, bless his heart, just hates having fun.   He’s an old school lineman with an ego to match his salary.    Oregon Ducks changed college football forever.  Even LSU, Bama, Michigan, now run our old offense.   They moved away from the tank approach of grind, grind, grind, and evolved.   Mario wants to go back to the old days I’m afraid.  

We cannot win a title anymore if we can’t stretch the field, if we don’t take risks,  and when everyone in the nation knows your next play.   I miss watching the fighter jets we used to be, when we destroyed teams, or crashed and burned.   We spent our time talking about the players not the head coach.  He’s now the center of attention and he shouldn’t be.  Mario has to big of an ego for change.  To afraid to share any glory, to stubborn to realize he’s failing as a coach. He needs to stick to what he does best. Getting the ingredients to the table.  And nothing more.

Ducks are meant to fly baby!  Time to change are name perhaps?  Maybe the Oregon 🐃 water buffalo?

It's a DC-3 vs a stealth bomber.

Lol