Charles Fischer

Good Gosh....Can you BELIEVE Justin Herbert? (5 TDs vs the Browns!)

It is fun watching him with our agony going on as he throws again for nearly 400 yards in a 42-35 victory at home versus a good Cleveland team.  He scored five TDs and more can be read right here, as I had my doubts about the Chargers early in the third quarter about whether they could pull this off.  The Browns ran the ball extremely well, but the Chargers responded!

Oooh.  Good question!  One thing I can say now is that the Chargers have an established offensive system.  And all the players that barely lost last year have matured and are now turning those tough games into narrow wins this year.  I am very happy for him!

Chargers beat Cleveland_Charger Twitter.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/11/2021 at 10:45 AM, Charles Fischer said:

It is fun watching him with our agony going on as he throws again for nearly 400 yards in a 42-35 victory at home versus a good Cleveland team.  He scored five TDs and more can be read right here, as I had my doubts about the Chargers early in the third quarter about whether they could pull this off.  The Browns ran the ball extremely well, but the Chargers responded!

Oooh.  Good question!  One thing I can say now is that the Chargers have an established offensive system.  And all the players that barely lost last year have matured and are now turning those tough games into narrow wins this year.  I am very happy for him!

Chargers beat Cleveland_Charger Twitter.jpg

Charles, this great take of yours brings me to today's article up on the forum regarding what QB would play for Oregon coaches in the past? 

Mario's offense is a DC-3 in a world of jet propulsion offenses.

Both the play calling and the execution on O, as well as the QB coaching,  are all bad. 

Saturday, watching Sark, Riley, Kiffin and Day call QB friendly plays in QB friendly systems was beyond frustrating. The WR talent that Mario has recruited is totally going to waste.

Are Ty Thompson, Butterfield and Robby Ashford all busts? Not one of these guys has more upside than a QB who will be lucky to play in the CFL?

I do not want to and haven't given up on the Ducks in 2021.

But I am 'this close' to saying farewell to Mario. Farewell before the OREGON BRAND is completely destroyed. Before Autzen Stadium on gameday looks like Stanford stadium.

How can Mario and Moorhead, if Moorhead is listened to, be this incompetent?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Duck receiving corps while Herbert was on board was weak. Of course,  Herbert's injury hurt the team. The coaching carousel didn't help. But he stayed his Sr year, improved his stock, bulked up, and is now a phenom. 

Very happy for him. 

What are the odds that the two best QBs to play as a Charger would be former Beloved Ducks!?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Herbert is as solid as any QB in the league. Great to see the home town hero excel.

Ironically the Chargers won based on a totally botched 4th down pass interference call way late in the game. I don't think it was as bad of a call as the end of the Stanford game though.

Sound familiar? At least this time the bad call went in favor of the Ducks........by extension.

Edited by C J

NFL scouts know talent, and potential … that’s why they draft a guy like Josh Allen out of Wyoming, even though he looked rather average playing against the Ducks a few years ago. It’s why they draft Justin Herbert at No. 6, even though he played in an offense at Oregon that clearly underutilized his immense gifts.

Herbert is currently shredding NFL defenses and has quickly established himself, in year two, as one of the league’s best quarterbacks. Not an up and comer. He has arrived. Just think what he could have done with the Ducks had Cristobal opened things up. What a waste.

All the buzz about nabbing Joe Moorhead as OC and how he was going to bring more productivity and excitement to the offense seems to have fizzled. The Ducks are not all that productive and, let’s face it, they are boring.

I don’t feel the Ducks have any reason to be included the playoff discussion at this point in the season. There is too much football left, and Oregon’s toughest upcoming games are on the road. And teams with an average, at best, quarterback don’t typically fare well in playoff discussions, especially if they’re from the Pac-12.

Browns vs Chargers - Browns 1st team in NFL history to score 40 points, commit no turnovers and lose.  

• Thumbs Up 1