nw777b

Jon Gruden is Out. How Does That Affect Marcus Mariota?

Based on past interactions between Jon Gruden and Marcus Mariota and many comments made by Gruden about Mariota,  I believe it's logical to surmise that Gruden is one of Mariota's biggest champions.

Do you agree?

Does the departure of Gruden affect Mariota's future?

Edited by nw777b
typo

Mariota first has to get healthy... 

He needs an offense that works for him... but I fear his time at Tenn has resulted in ruining his body and he is far more injury prone than when he first entered the NFL. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Marcus needs to be traded to a team where he can be the starting QB.  He’s making millions while not being subject to injury, but his playing career is passing by.  He’s got too much to offer to not play!

• Thumbs Up 1

The departure of Gruden will have very little, if any, a effect on Mariota’s future.

but Gruden’s future, relating to football, is pretty much non-existant.

• Thumbs Up 1

My thoughts on Gruden resigning border on or cross the political line so for once I'll shut up.

Except, if Mario is the best guy on the practice field and not injured he will start. NO favorites are played in the business that is the NFL.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, Duckdude said:

Marcus needs to be traded to a team where he can be the starting QB.  He’s making millions while not being subject to injury, but his playing career is passing by.  He’s got too much to offer to not play!

He did get some play time this year and was injured which is why he hasn't been seen since. 

• Thumbs Up 1

He might be back this weekend. 

I'm thinking John Gruden is probably done with football in any capacity for a long, long time. As far as Mariota goes, he has to conquer the injury bug and, at this point, it's anybody's guess if he will. Gruden really liked Mariota and made it a point to keep him around. I doubt that that will be the case with the incoming coaching regime.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jon Gruden, long rumored to take the TN job is now CFB and media kryptonite. 

I don't think with his emails going public that he can be hired anywhere except as a consultant at Alabama?

IMO, he would be a Pete Carroll like hire at SC.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:33 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I don't think with his emails going public that he can be hired anywhere except as a consultant at Alabama?

Maybe in a few years at best. I saw some of what is in those emails and it is all bad enough to make him toxic for any one to hire... Especially a college. 

Basically does any school want him around their campus? Would parents want their kids around him? 

Gruden gone affects MM not at all this year. Next year...maybe.

Marcus likes Vegas. Close to Hawaii, nice pay check, no expectations. 

They will have to trade him.

He isn't going anywhere voluntarily. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:33 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Jon Gruden, long rumored to take the TN job is now CFB and media kryptonite. 

IMO, he would be a Pete Carroll like hire at SC.

Possibly, but I don’t believe anyone wants anything to do with John Gruden right now, nor should they. Racist, bigoted, homophobic……doesn’t play well at all. He’s done…and should be. Good riddance.