Charles Fischer

Why Wear BLACK? Wear YELLOW to Games! (Check these Colors)

My friends....I am not an artist, and do not have any flair at all in that direction.  But being a publisher for ten years....I know what looks best on television and in the background for pictures.  The best pictures have a rich and colorful background of color--like what you see in the background of the picture behind this site at the 'Shoe.

Wearing black for TV (like this Friday) is just a dud, but when we wear YELLOW....it really stands out and looks cool in all venues.  This is not rocket science, and I have no idea why they are not promoting yellow ALL the time?

It is the rich colors of not only Oregon, but the crowds at away games...all that color is just so epic.  I hope you enjoy the incredible colors below brought by the photographers of FishDuck over the last decade...

Noah Sewell and Keith Brown_Tom Corno.jpg

Kayvon Thibodeaux_Eugene Johnson.jpg

CJ Verdell_Truong Nguyen.jpg

Defense in the Rose Bowl_Eugene Johnson.jpg

Terrell Turner No. 45 closes in on a sack_Amazing Moments Photography.jpg

DAT Rose Bowl AmazingMomentsPh FP.jpg

Dennis Dixon_John Giustina (2).jpg

Justin Herbert KC FP.jpg

Recruiting on Fire FP.jpg

Marcus Mariota_Kevin Cline.jpg

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu stops a TD_KC_FP.jpg

Barner_Video.jpg

Dickson-UA.jpg

Kenjon Barner_Gary Breedlove.jpg

Kenjon Barner_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I want a YELLOW Out! Big time highlighter yellow out! Sear your eyes out from the yellow! 

Oregon has unsual colors for nor just college sports but sports teams in general. Not a whole lot of teams use green, let alone yellow, and we are basically the only true duck mascot out there too. 

Bring me the bright yellow! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll wear whats in my closet. The Ducks have some cool uniforms and all but there's something to be said for a color coordinated traditional look in the stands where everyone wears the same colors every game. Maybe they don't have Nike money influencing them. A sea of red or red and white or (insert color) vs a Kaleidoscope of colors is IMO a better look.

The offense is really boring... we should spice things up for TV by getting all the fans to wear black... we're feeling really confident in the remainder of the season so we'd like everyone to dress up like the grim reaper 

Obviously a bit tongue in cheek there but i was really kinda baffled by them picking black, it's so generic when either green or yellow would really stand out

Edited by deschutesduck

Don't you wear black to funerals?

On 10/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Don't you wear black to funerals?

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!  Good one...

Mr. FishDuck

Let’s see,  I think I will wear WARM to the Friday night game!

I was at a game where they gave you a tiny yellow or green flashlight, if I remember correctly, now that was cool. It was like a rock concert, with flashlights, but with Oregon colors.

Charles, there's nothing like having our Ducks wear their black unis in a black out Friday night lights game in a sold out Autzen Stadium vs Cal. Sco Ducks!

• Like 1

I like the nightmare green unis.

• Like 1

Nightmare green is close enough to black to get the attention of any viewers watching Oregon stomp an opponent into the turf at Oregon.

A stampede on a cattle drive is fast and deadly, compared to the daily grind the cowboys preferred. (At least that's what my grandpa liked to spin yarns about when talking about the long cattle drive he made to get from Oklahoma to Oregon... )

Charles, Charles, Charles, no offense, but what us Grey beards think about unis is irrelevant to what the youngins think.  How many of us didn't like it at the turn of the century (21st, not 20th!) when Oregon began the non uniform uniforms?

• Thumbs Up 1

On TV I think fans wearing black makes it look as if the stadium is empty.

I like the highlighter yellow or apple green any time, but especially for TV at night.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, Steven A said:

Charles, Charles, Charles, no offense, but what us Grey beards think about unis is irrelevant to what the youngins think.  How many of us didn't like it at the turn of the century (21st, not 20th!) when Oregon began the non uniform uniforms?

Great one, as long as the fans are complaining about the uniforms, all is good. Us complaining means the fans across the country will be talking about the uniforms, and young kids everywhere will be in awe!

5qeq0e.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, Steven A said:

Steven A., Steven A., Steven A.!   Read my post again please, as I am NOT discussing uniforms, but what people wear to the game.  That color is in the background for photos and on television, and yellow looks best, IMHO.

I even provided photos with cool colors in the background to demonstrate my point and it had nothing to do with uniforms.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/14/2021 at 10:30 AM, Steven A said:

Steven my friend, the truth hurts! I just saw the list of entertainers for this year's Super Bowl halftime. Who are these guys?

On 10/14/2021 at 8:47 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Steven A., Steven A., Steven A.!   Read my post again please, as I am NOT discussing uniforms, but what people wear to the game.  That color is in the background for photos and on television, and yellow looks best, IMHO.

I even provided photos with cool colors in the background to demonstrate my point and it had nothing to do with uniforms.

Too funny, all I saw was the uniforms changing. You were fairly specific with your post, but then the uniform bias came into play and the news about the uniforms clinched it for me. Your post was all about the uniforms, funny how bias comes into play. What you see is what you think you should see!

My bad Charles, blaming it on pre caffeine grey matter.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 9:05 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Steven my friend, the truth hurts! I just saw the list of entertainers for this year's Super Bowl halftime. Who are these guys?

Jon Joseph, I agree.  If fact my wife gets People magazine and I call Who??? magazine.

• Haha 1

Charles,

Over the years I have acquired a lot of Oregon clothing of different colors...I have to be able to wear it somewhere. 

• Haha 1

I was at the game the first time they wore black unis...it was sooo cool when they ran out onto the field. I believe the fans wore black also. It was a surreal experience. 

That said, a highlighter yellow stadium would make those black unis "pop" as they say in the design world.

You are so right Fishduck!

But in my experience, Oregon fans seem to wear whatever color they feel like most of the time. Apparently Oregonians don't like to be told what to wear.  lol

On 10/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, DanLduck said:

But in my experience, Oregon fans seem to wear whatever color they feel like most of the time. Apparently Oregonians don't like to be told what to wear.  lol

I think at this time of year, it may have to do with what colors they have. When it's T-shirt weather, I have all kinds of colors to choose from. When it's cold and/or rainy weather, my jackets are green or yellow. And a lot people have those phosphorescent orange rain ponchos!

• Like 1

I'll be wearing this (at home, CA) Friday night.  Hopefully, the outcome is the same for the original night, 10/31/09. 

P.S. Oregon was #10 that night, poor U$C #4, goes down 47-20

P.P.S.  I wore this to every home game last year .... my cutout pic.

100_4464.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1