Charles Fischer

Is Thibodeaux 100% to You?

A Duck-Buddy mentioned it on the phone yesterday and I've been thinking about how Thibs was limping coming off the field for his limited reps versus Arizona, and was not the pass-rush factor we needed against Stanford.  We don't think his ankle is 100%...how about you?

Kayvon Thibodeaux sacks Tyler Huntley_Eugene Johnson.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

I don't think so either, he hasn't looked anything like before his ankle injury.  If it's a high ankle sprain that he suffered then that's probably the issue, those take anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months to fully recover from.

I would guess it's not 100%. It can take 3-4 weeks for a moderate sprain to heal--3-6 months for a more severe sprain.

I remember way back when Joe Farwell sprained his ankle. The Ducks were really thin at most positions then, so he kept playing with his ankle taped up, and kept having to leave before the end of the game. This went on the rest of the season. Not saying Thibodeaux won't (or hasn't) heal fully, just that it can take a long time. 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:13 AM, Annie said:

I remember way back when Joe Farwell sprained his ankle.

You are a great long term fan Annie...not many people recall Joe Farwell.  Toughest LB by the pound...

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/14/2021 at 11:13 AM, Annie said:

I would guess it's not 100%. It can take 3-4 weeks for a moderate sprain to heal--3-6 months for a more severe sprain.

I remember way back when Joe Farwell sprained his ankle. The Ducks were really thin at most positions then, so he kept playing with his ankle taped up, and kept having to leave before the end of the game. This went on the rest of the season. Not saying Thibodeaux won't (or hasn't) heal fully, just that it can take a long time. 

...I think even the average fan would have to acknowledge that KT5 is no anywhere near the force he was before the tweeked ankle...worst part (IMHO) was that it was one of his own teammates(ie; D-lineman) who rolled up on the back of his lower leg...he, KT5,  wasn't even involved in the tackle/pileup...Very frustrating to say the least, which only adds to the angst & irksomeness of the untimely loss of an acknowledged "stud", a growing sense of a "what cudda, shudda, might have been" season, slipping through our fingers Meanwhile the HC is twiddling his thumbs about the need for a real clear-eyed assessment of the QB position/

performance...thoughts ya'll !?!

He looked cautious against Arizona. The last snap he played he limped off the field but turned out to be fine... It looked more like one of those "oh crap" moments where something didn't feel right and he didn't want to risk it. 

Against Stanford towards the end of the game he was getting better push and eating double teams. He still didn't look quite as explosive. However, I'll say it may be due to more rust than anything else. Bring sidelined doesn't help, even expirenced players.