Charles Fischer

New Green-Gossip: "We are Going to see a Different Team on Friday"

This is from WillametteDuck over on 247 posting about TOS (the other site, which to them is ScoopDuck)...  I should say that SD does get some gems often, although this one (to me) sounds too good to be true.  Mr. FishDuck

On Chad Doing’s show yesterday, there was a guy from TOS that had some interesting comments on Oregon.

"He was saying his sources were telling him we are going to see a different team on Friday. Much more dynamic. Seven McGee on the field more, different QB, and any freshman that should be playing will be. (Namely, receivers) He also said that MC realized he has to open it up on offense, the time is now, and the youth movement is on. That is what this guy was hearing. May be a real interesting Friday night!"

200.gif

Mr. FishDuck

From Chad's mouth to Mario's ears; please.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really hope so... I'm ready to feel again. 

I've become very ambivalent towards Oregon after the Ohio state game. I have given them the benefit of the doubt for some time... Now I want to be proven right for some of my patience. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow

This story, if true, has me all 🔥 d up!!

Can you imagine Thorton, Devon Williams, and Franklin Outside. Seven in the backfield, with Ty or maybe butters slinging passes.

That would be must see tv and could turn our season around!

Maybe Mario was watching the Red River Rivalry during the bye week and got some inspiration to get more aggressive!

Edited by Southwest Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe

5qhet9.jpg

• Haha 1

i actually wasn't going to watch tomorrow's game but now i'm a bit intrigued 

I have to come down in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” category.  If it comes true, I’ll be as happy as a pig in poo, but based on what we see and hear, it just sounds to good to be true. 

I know someone whose father's friend works with this dude whose cousin said a guy told him...

OTH, there really are such thing as black swans.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:26 PM, jrw said:

I know someone whose father's friend works with this dude whose cousin said a guy told him...

...Corn Pop was a bad dude...

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, PittDuck said:

I have to come down in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” category.  If it comes true, I’ll be as happy as a pig in poo, but based on what we see and hear, it just sounds to good to be true. 

I believe Cristobal's desire to win a national championship for Oregon is genuine. That isn't the case with every coach when or if they say it. 95% of schools don't even have make the playoff as one of their realistic goals. 

So maybe... Just maybe ... That Stanford loss hit Cristobal in a way that he is going to let everything fly and trust his players and staff that they will deliver. 

Oregon can still make the playoff ... At this moment I know that is theoretically true but it doesn't feel true. There is only one path to the playoff and it's win out. Easier said than done... But the team that played at Stanford won't make the playoff... Or even the Rose Bowl. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Heading down to the game in a few hours and I can’t wait to see the young guys get a chance to play.

If the above article has any truth that means excitement for the fans that are wallowing in a football stupor at the moment. 

We all want to see the excitement generated by past Duck teams with speed and occasional power. So far this team has been inconsistent in showing us either one.

We all know the athletes are there or the recruiting services are all wet in their assessment, not likely.

Time to fire up the engines and play with some fire in their belly.

go 🦆🦆🦆s, looking for a dominant performance tonight. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I'm always a little suspicious when someone claims "his sources were telling him..." since, over the years, so many of those claims turned out not to be true.

But...there's always that chance that is is true. In which case, if there is a change at QB, it doesn't surprise me that MC would not announce it ahead of time.

This is the most important game of the regular season, and not in Coach Speak about trying to go 1 - 0 each week.

The pre season is over.  We are as healthy as we are going to be.

We have had two weeks to digest and regurgitate the Stanford L.

Time to walk the walk and find out if we have the team that beat Ohio St and played 28 minutes of good football in the 2nd half of the Stanford game.

If their hair isn't on fire for 60 minutes, then some serious soul searching is needed.  If it is, then we better see it each week.

Cristobal isn't the only coach whose teams lay an egg each year, his predecessors have all done it.  Boise State & Stanford ‘09, Auburn ‘10 (Chip's stubbornness cost us this game), USC ‘11, Stanford ‘12, Arizona ‘13, Arizona ‘14, Utah & Wazzu ‘15.  AND the Stanford '12 L cost us the Natty as we would have crushed Notre Dame. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 10/15/2021 at 8:39 AM, Steven A said:

If their hair isn't on fire for 60 minutes, then some serious soul searching is needed.  If it is, then we better see it each week.

Amen, Duck Brother.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I don’t know that I get that excited about anything stated on a fan website. We do have some very good young players standing on the sidelines. I am sure they all would love to play if there number gets called tonight. 

I do know that our current QB room will not get game experience with AB at QB. If AB can’t lead the team to a comfortable lead against the likes of Stony Brook, he will certainly struggle to win against any team on the rest of our schedule. 

Historically, no matter what offensive scheme we have run, we struggle without good QB play. Oregon has been fortunate to have several good/great QB’’s. Nothing against AB, but his name will not appear on my good QB list. 

I am hopeful that a “brighter future” starts in tonight’s game. 

Edited by Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

At what point does Mario insert TT? If the Ducks are in a close game into the 3rd qtr and get up but 10-14 I highly doubt Mario puts TT in.

Only way I see TT getting time is if the Ducks are up by 21 in the middle of the 4th qtr or AB gets hurt.

Now if for some miracle TT starts then all bets are off.

I'm just using TT as the example. 

I'm actually thinking our run game will improve to night. 

Charlie Brown is sure that *this time* we will see changes on offense...

Charlie Brown, Lucy…and that football | The People's Therapist

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:12 AM, Duckman said:

Charlie Brown is sure that *this time* we will see changes on offense...

THAT is pretty funny and so true Duckman.  We are all running at the football....with only one eye open!

Mr. FishDuck

JHOP says his sources tell him that MC is going with AB, that he has no info that indicates the youth movement will involve the QB situation because MC still believes AB gives us the best chance to win.  And every time I hear that AB gives us the best chance to win, i think  " yikes...is TT not who we think?   "  Then i am reminded that Marcus was not ready in year 1 either....took an entire redshirt either.   But i confess to being nervous.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/15/2021 at 1:22 PM, webfootfan said:

Then i am reminded that Marcus was not ready in year 1 either....took an entire redshirt either.

Great point.  If he needed a year, then so would a ton of other young QBs.  This is a great example again of this community coming up with points I hadn't thought of--and appreciate.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/15/2021 at 3:42 PM, Confused said:

I’m waiting until the final two minutes of the 4th Quarter to make my prediction.   I haven’t been right about a game I’ve picked yet.   

Entries cannot be submitted once the game starts...

Mr. FishDuck

I can't even begin to start on what I believe this game will be like. After the last 2 games I just don't know. Will our vaunted D and O lines show up? Will we  play with more discipline? (i.e. dumb after the fact fouls). For certain we have the tools. Will we use them properly? Still, I have unwavering hope for and belief in our Ducks. 

GO DUCKS!!! Tame the Bears.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:51 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Entries cannot be submitted once the game starts...

Picky, Picky, Picky

On 10/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This is from WillametteDuck over on 247 posting about TOS (the other site, which to them is ScoopDuck)...  I should say that SD does get some gems often, although this one (to me) sounds too good to be true.  Mr. FishDuck

On Chad Doing’s show yesterday, there was a guy from TOS that had some interesting comments on Oregon.

"He was saying his sources were telling him we are going to see a different team on Friday. Much more dynamic. Seven McGee on the field more, different QB, and any freshman that should be playing will be. (Namely, receivers) He also said that MC realized he has to open it up on offense, the time is now, and the youth movement is on. That is what this guy was hearing. May be a real interesting Friday night!"

200.gif

I have to go back to this one, not even close! There, that felt better.

In what Verse in the Multi-Verse did this happen? It obviously didn't happen here.

A Duck QB is going to take his first snap in Atlanta vs Georgia? GULP!

On 10/16/2021 at 4:54 PM, Jon Joseph said:

A Duck QB is going to take his first snap in Atlanta vs Georgia? GULP!

Yet another reason, it would seem, to get Thompson some real game time this season. 

Nope.

We might have seen a worse team.---Sadly