FishDuck Article

Cal GameDay Thread: A 2021 Crossroads Game?

I cannot recall such a different vibe that I receive from Oregon fans going into this Cal game, as it is so unusual coming out of a bye week. Fans hope to see the team that played so well at Columbus, but are fearful of seeing the Ducks play down to their opponent. Cal is likely the weakest opponent remaining ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

In 2019 we beat Stanford before the bye week. The game after the bye week was....Cal who we beat. We have the same situation this year, interestingly, but it has come and will come with different outcomes.

In 2019 Stanford game a win 21-6, 2021 a loss 24-31

In 2019 Cal game a win 17-7 and in 2021 Oregon will win 28-17, but I don't feel good about this one.

It is amazing the both games in 2019 were played in the same location Stanford at the farm and the Cal game at Autzen. History does repeat, but seldom the exact facts. Moorhead will be the difference this time, but who knows about what role the players will play?

Great article Charles. A little puzzling is it not that a 1-4 team is coming to Eugene to play the 8th ranked team in the country and many of us fans are nervous regarding the outcome; see this as a 'crossroads' game?

Cheering for the #8 team in the country, Ducks fans should have the expectations of Buckeyes fans prior to this season's 1-4 Northwestern visiting the Horseshoe. Instead, it's pins and needles.

Go Ducks!

On 10/15/2021 at 7:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Instead, it's pins and needles.

That's where we are. The Ducks are No.8 off of one game where Ohio State didn't take Oregon seriously. Not to give our Stanford's undue credit, (We could get them again tonight) perhaps the Ducks were a bit overrated at No.3. On paper a home game against Cal, early in the season should barely register on the intensity meter, but this one is.

giphy.gif

Different vibe is right. Usually there is an extra little spring in my step on gameday. But today, I have the same type of feeling I had when I was 11-years-old and my mom had to drag me to church. There's a definite sense of foreboding for I'm afraid I what I'm about to watch. 

A Duck win is not enough, a crummy performance in which the Ducks just barely escape will feel no different than a loss. The Ducks need to make a statement. Hopefully the rumors swirling that MC is going to open things up are true. Hopefull this leads the Ducks to runaway with a 56-17 win are true.... but will only be believed when seen. 

• Thumbs Up 2

In the world of sports, you are only as good as your last game. The fans want to see a team that comes out and crushes a struggling Cal team.

Hoping to make a few first downs to run out the clock in a close game is not where Oregon football should be this week. 

On 10/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, Darren Perkins said:

but will only be believed when seen. 

We are all in that boat...although the boat is quite a bit lighter.  The number of people posting compared to normal is way down, as I believe it is now sinking into people--the truth about Cristobal.  And they are checking out of Oregon football.

Mr. FishDuck

This and the remaining games on Ducks schedule this year will be stressful to watch for a Duck fan simply because MC is too stubborn to adjust.   In that way, Ducks will be consistent.   So it will be down to how the opponents play.  If they play well, then we are doomed.  If they suck, then we may get lucky win.   We will probably never blow anyone out from now on...

Edited by DuckFan93

On 10/15/2021 at 11:26 AM, Charles Fischer said:

We are all in that boat...although the boat is quite a bit lighter.  The number of people posting compared to normal is way down, as I believe it is now sinking into people--the truth about Cristobal.  And they are checking out of Oregon football.

I think a lot of fans that post comments will post a few negative comments and then just give it a rest after awhile when their favorite team is losing. 

After reading a rumor that Anthony Lynn may be a possible candidate for the USC job, Cristobal seems pretty solid to me. 

Cristobal has proven that he can recruit, he has won the PAC 12, and Rose Bowl…and is the only Duck coach to beat tOSU…at the shoe.

Getting to that next level is not that easy, only a handful of coaches have been able to do it.  Those coaches all have one thing in common, they recruit top players each and every year.

I think I will let Cristobal do his thing for awhile longer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Foreboding. 

Not a good feel. We only scored 17 against these guys last 2 years, and gotta say, AB does not give confidence he can connect downfield. 

Without CJ...I'm a little concerned. 

But, it's a new day. A new game.

A new opportunity. So hope is renewed. 

We have DeRuyter this time.

AB is gonna come out of his funk and play lights out.

And Seven Mcgee is gonna run a punt back for a TD!!

Or not.

Seriously, the Ducks need to send a message this game about who they are. When the going gets tough...time to show up!

I've got my fingers crossed. 

GameDay Thread!

JJ III.... super-senior making a dumb penalty like that.  Are there any consequences to him?  

Mr. FishDuck

It's going through be a long night at this rate. 

I have a couple of sieves in my kitchen. I don't need to see one in Autzen.

Looks like we're sticking with the game plan of wearing out the opposing offense by letting them run up and down the field at will.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

And... Brown with two more wrong reads. 

The booing has commenced.

Booing AB, the play call, the situation in general?

Edited by jrw

On 10/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, jrw said:

Hate to say it... But it's kinda deserved at this point. 

If Brown hit dye when he was running out of the backfield that could have worked .. instead he came back to Dye too late and got nothing for it. 

More bad decisions. 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, jrw said:

I believe that this is the earliest that the booing has occurred. 

• Thumbs Up 1

this one is over already-sad to say but the D is not there and the O isnt either

On 10/15/2021 at 8:06 PM, David Marsh said:

Hate to say it... But it's kinda deserved at this point. 

If Brown hit dye when he was running out of the backfield that could have worked .. instead he came back to Dye too late and got nothing for it. 

More bad decisions. 

Not to mention two guys were open downfield.  The guy has lost his confidence.  

And the defense free of the offense.  

I swear I want to suit up myself and smack somebody.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:07 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

this one is over already-sad to say but the D is not there and the O isnt either

It's a long, long way from over. C'mon, games ebb and flow.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, jrw said:

It's a long, long way from over. C'mon, games ebb and flow.

well The Ducks d looks really bad for whatever reason and against Cal. 

After all this time to prepare....yikes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Cristobal has recruited a Ferrari and entered it into a crash up derby. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

... and a turnover... 

The slop just continues. 

• Thumbs Up 1

this is just not a very prepared team

• Thumbs Up 1

"this is just not a very prepared team"

I wonder why?  This is a poorly coached team.

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't give up hope. 

• Like 1

The other QBs must be terrible to let Brown stay in the game, well Im going out for the evening since it still is more of the same ol same ol-I cant BEAR to watch.

• Like 2

Unless the Ducks can't grow by leaps and bounds quickly which includes the coaches, this is not a playoff contending team.

• Like 1

The young Ducks lack the experience to play as a favorite and trust their teammates to make the next play.

Hopefully playing from behind changes things.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m feeling frustration with the penalties, and errors. I’m also reminding myself these are young men and at the beginning of their collegiate playing careers (for the most part).

I’m still cheering for our Ducks.🤙🏽🌈

I swear watching this team with all this underperforming talent is worse than watching the good old days of the 0-0 tie in the toilet bowl against O S Ewe. I am about to give up. Sorry guys. 

Touchdown Oregon!!!! Go Ducks

No penalties and it's a nice drive. 

*squints*

okay what's going on with these downfield passes to Williams?  They're going to ruin my negativity if they keep this up

Devon Williams is our best wr

and it’s not close

Long way to go.

Does brown only look to his right? He's missed secondary receivers on his left.

Happy with the score though.

GO DUCKS!!!

I think it’s just silly for these announcers to keep talking about The road to the playoff for the Ducks while Cal is giving them all they can handle. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/15/2021 at 8:50 PM, Massduck said:

I think it’s just silly for these announcers to keep talking about The road to the playoff for the Ducks while Cal is giving them all they can handle. 

True

• Like 1

Why does Brown continually throw short of the sticks on 3rd down?  Is that the only open receiver or is MC thinking 4 downs in Cal territory?

Has anybody noticed if any of the freshman RBs have gotten any touches?

I am not pleased with the ducks Qi.  He seems late on most throws…

I'm wondering if MC can't read a digital clock.  Someone buy him a watch with a second hand.  Worst time manager EVER!

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a downed ball by Brown.  He put it on the ground.

Maybe Thibs can come in the second half at QB? 🙄

Defense is doing enough, offense is constantly shooting itself in the foot.

• Haha 1

Williams is going to get called for taunting if he doesn’t learn to give the ball to the ref and ignore the defensive player after a catch.