FishDuck Article

Cal GameDay Thread: A 2021 Crossroads Game?

Can't believe the Bears didn't run Brooks one time at the end. Thankful!!

Edited by nw777b
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:16 PM, Duck1984 said:

Now we need two scores, and a shutdown D for the rest of the 4th Q.

Are the talented young Ducks up for the task?

Guess so!

Actually in a weird way I almost hoped we lost...MC now will think he's a good game manager and the offense works, and AB based on his TD throw, and run, is a the best choice at QB.  How bad will we lose to sUCLA next week?

• Thumbs Up 4

On 10/15/2021 at 11:04 PM, nw777b said:

Can't believe tge Bears didn't run Brooks one time at the end. Thankful!!

I was telling my son they would pitch to Brooks on the final play.  Guess not?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:57 PM, DuckIt said:

Has MC used his challenge flag once this season? 

No, but that was the time.

Ducks game plan worked.

Hope the UCLA game plan is even better.

• Haha 1

Defense is what saved the game for Oregon.  The offense as it stands will not make it through the rest of the schedule without at least 2 or 3 losses.  AB did some nice things but overall was extremely inconsistent and indecisive, two things a 6th year senior should not be at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, kirklandduck said:

Defense is what saved the game for Oregon.

We have to keep in mind that the Cal offense only scored six points at home against Washington State....

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

We have to keep in mind that the Cal offense only scored six points at home against Washington State....

True, though teams seem to always take their best shot at Oregon and Cal certainly did.  But you did see the six point Cal offense in flashes throughout the game as they had penalty after penalty (a lot of holding calls against that OL struggling to contain KT).  

On 10/15/2021 at 8:06 PM, Duck1984 said:

No, but that was the time.

Were you talking about that questionable play, where it looked like KT sacked Cal's QB, before throwing a shovel pass, to pick up 1st down? The QB's knee might have been down.  MC is so aggressive when it comes to going for it on 4th down, but he's so reserved and unassertive, when it comes to questioning the spot of the ball and plays, made on the field.  Everytime, I think he should challenge it, the opposing team quickly snaps the ball, removing that option.

Edited by DuckIt

On 10/16/2021 at 12:10 AM, DuckIt said:

Were you talking about that questionable play, where it looked like KT sacked Cal's QB, before throwing a shovel pass, to pick up 1st down? The QB's knee might have been down.  MC is so aggressive when it comes to going for it on 4th down, but he's so reserved and unassertive, when it comes to questioning the spot of the ball and plays, made on the field.  Everytime, I think he should challenge it, the opposing team quickly snaps the ball, removing that option.

No, I was referring to the pass where the receiver lost touch with the ground, caught the ball, then touched his feet down again out of bounds.  

Not sure the catch would have been overturned, but a challenge would have killed some momentum and given the D rest and time to regroup.