Charles Fischer

Anything LESS than Coming Out ANGRY is Unacceptable

To me the character and resolve of this Oregon team is on display in the first quarter of this game tonight.  If they come out flat--it is quite an indictment of the "Culture" that is being built at Oregon.

They have every reason to come out ticked off...they lost to this Cal team last year, should not have and should badly want revenge. They lost a game at Stanford they should not have and they know it. And they know that everyone is watching for what I am writing about right now....

What are they made of?  If the reasons above are not enough incentive....what is?

Cal_Tod Fierner.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

LEAVE NO CRUMBS! TAKE NO PRISONERS!

To borrow a phrase - GIVE 'EM THE AXE! WHERE? RIGHT IN THE NECK!

This team just doesn't make any sense. We shouldn't have any worries about the team or this game, but we do, about both.  Could we see the team play with the emotion Mario showed while he was screaming at the wide receiver on the sidelines or do we get more of Mario's methodical monotony?

If they do then it will make me feel better about playing the beavs this year. I want the Ducks pissed and ready to set it straght come November 27th.

What is interesting about our recent record against teams we lost against in 2018 we had redemption against them in 2019, but then laid an egg against ASU. 

Maybe we laid the egg at Stanford, and now are on a run against teams we lost to and the others? Tonight is either the start of something, but hopefully not the continuation of the malaise of our recent past.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, 30Duck said:

This team just doesn't make any sense. We shouldn't have any worries about the team or this game, but we do, about both.  Could we see the team play with the emotion Mario showed while he was screaming at the wide receiver on the sidelines or do we get more of Mario's methodical monotony?

Our previous coaches didn't have to yell that way at our players. That in itself says a lot about how much things are now. We have an undisciplined team. Discipline is something that coaches should address during practice.  Instead of yelling perhaps MC should have been concentrating on the next play or plays. 

Ducks do not look “angry”

Only thing coming out angry are season ticket holders  

who wants to pay to watch this repeat performance? 

im still on board but there are plenty of areas where this team needs big improvement. 

• Thumbs Up 1