Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boomer

Oregon Ducks Heading in the Wrong Direction

So what I saw last night was just plain BAD! The team lacks Discipline, energy, Focus. The Coaching staff, Including Cristobal seem they are just Game watchers instead of Coaching the game.

They also have to do something about Brown, No matter what anyone says , He is Bad. Couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. The Defense seems like it lacks preparation? What is Going on?

Anyway you look at it , It has been so disappointing to watch my Favorite Team play the way they have!!!  And FYI I'm from Chicago!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not easy to watch but 5-1 is 5-1.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is like we are a team which doesn't show up ready. Instead we show up with the tank almost empty, just needing that edge to pay attention.

Why can't we just fill up the tank and gun it the whole game! It is like we are always looking for inspiration, a reason to blitz, run a great play. The reason should be because we are Oregon, and play to win and crush opponents.

5qnc9k.jpg

• Haha 1

2 weeks to prepare for a 1-4 team, at home, and that's what we got?  I was surprised by the box score for AB, felt like he kept missing passes, but how many completions were for 1 to 3 yards?  Especially when 5 was needed for a first down.

We looked like a top 5 team, once.  Every other week...not even top 25.  UCLA is going to shred us.

The Autzen fans booing sums it up. We will be lucky to make it to one of the lower tier Bowls this year.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

The Autzen fans booing sums it up. We will be lucky to make it to one of the lower tier Bowls this year.

As poorly as the team has played against inferior competition, the Playoff is still in play.

Surprising but this is a surprising season of football. Since the advent of the AP Poll more top 25 teams have lost this year than in the history of the AP.

With Mario at the wheel, get used to watching 1 score games not decided until very late in the 4th quarter. The system Mario runs on offense is going to keep inferior teams in the game.

My biggest beef? If you are going to run this system on O you have to have far better clock management than we've seen under Mario.

On to LA to play the Chippers with a day's extra rest in hand. Hopefully UCLA at UW today will be a physical game.

You nailed it

Particularly dismayed by the visible lack of enthusiasm. 

But 5-1 is better than 1-5 

This isn't Oregon football....this isn't what filled the stands at Autzen and made opposing teams unable to hear themselves think. This isn't what made Oregon football a "Brand".....it's not what kept fans on the edge of their seats for three hours....it's not Oregon football. And as one who likes and has supported MC since he became head coach where did it say he was hired to re-wire a program that went to the national finals twice in five years?

This is boring football....it's an out dated high school style offense with a boring bend but don't break defense. Coaches have their own DNA and MC's is between the tackles. Past that he's in a foreign land. The AB thing was a mistake from day one - he's been at it for six years, what is it we don't know? - he's an average game manager who's limitations are obvious....but the kids on the bench "aren't ready".....what freshman is?.....I have  a theory: talent plays or it leaves....especially when it knows it's better then what's playing.....Ty Thompson could have six starts by now...instead next year we'll have an under-coached loaded roster with an inexperienced QB.....great.

This team is not only boring it's flat. It plays with no energy - except when taunting or talking trash - it is mistake prone, it plays down to the competition, it's schemes seem archaic and now heaven forbid they put a "stripe" on the shoulder of the uniform....."DUCKS DON'T HAVE STRIPES".....they are predictable and the fact is a team we do not know showed up in Columbus and past that they've played neck and neck with mediocre teams....it's scheme and coaching.

I like MC - he's a good guy with a good family and a guy who can positively influence his young players. But I loved Oregon football and now in my own sick way I found myself hoping last night that Cal would win.. So for my own good I think I'll check out until the AB era is over. Just can't take it.....and when this team loses another 2-3 games....and I think at this rate it will.....maybe MC will change or Oregon will find an alternative.....cause this ain't Oregon football.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 10/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, RkyMtnGuy said:

This isn't what made Oregon football a "Brand".

The whole post....perfectly stated.

Mr. FishDuck

It kind of feels like the 2014 FSU program where they went undefeated in the regular season but they were squeaking out wins everywhere as opposed to dominating.  Then heading into the CFP they got exposed and ground into hamburger by Oregon.  The record is there but it feels like pyrite, not real gold.

Edited by kirklandduck