Jon Joseph

WEEK 7 - WHAT WE LEARNED FRIDAY NITE?

What many of us have long hoped for has finally come to fruition.

OREGON is the CLEMSON of the Pac-12!

Boo the Kids? How about NO!

Boo the Coaches? Fair game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

We learned that we still can beat 2 of the conference bottom feeders.

Oregon should be “up here”, but….

4 games that we’ve struggled in a row: fans are frustrated.  Sorta like expecting a Mercedes, and getting a used Vega.  Those boos are just disappointment and frustration showing.  I would imagine the players feel the same way.  Not Dye and Thibodeaux, though!

• Like 1

Frustration is one thing, but booing the kids is bush league. In my book, that's not being a true fan. And I don't care how much a ticket cost. If someone is that dissatisfied, they need to stay home and find another bandwagon to jump on. 

Just my humble opinion....but I say that as someone who sat through the 0-0 Civil War tie...in the rain...so I think that counts for something.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, OregonRich said:

Frustration is one thing, but booing the kids is bush league.

That is an interesting subject that we rarely have to deal with at Oregon, and I am going to delve into it for my Monday article.  (Nearly a page of bullet-points for writing already)

I may not agree with you.  (Wait for the context...)  (And I was at that 0-0 game too)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

What we learned?

AB is an average qb.

He can't go through his progressions without dumping off to the safety valve.

He telegraphs his passes every time.

He consistently throws behind receivers

He calls his own number to run too often, and he is not fast or quick.

If he is our best chance to win, we need a new QB coach.

All three backups have shown more potential. AB can't be "coached up" any more. He is what he is.

I fear Cristobal is afraid the young guns might light things up and make the offense fun to watch. Something he apparently wishes to avoid.

We learned that AB can make passes when he's pushed to do so.  It was only after the fans started booing him that he started to play better.  I have no problem with him throwing in the low 200's for passing yards as long as it's consistently moving the offense forward, which it hasn't.  If AB and the offense played the entire game like they played that last 9 minutes then they would have scored over 40.  There needs to be a sense of urgency instilled in the offense and we've only seen it sparingly so far.