geoquack

Last play of the game. Shotgun snap.

Why, oh why, did we do a shotgun snap on the last play of the game?  The snap was low, but Anthony corraled it and moved the ball out of the end zone.  If, instead, the ball ended up loose in the end zone, we could have given up the game typing touchdown and XP. 

Get under center and take the knee.  What am I missing?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I don't think they have worked under center to be honest. They haven't done anything under center in a very long time. 

I personally would like the victory formation to take a snap from under center. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Under center would add the QB sneak for 4th and short situations.  Also add potential play action run or pass.

• Like 1

Another unnecessary risk to go with a weak coaching performance----again! This stuff is getting difficult to observe, seemingly, ad infinitum---

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't taking a snap under center and taking a knee something you learn in pee wee league?  I couldn't understand why they took it in the shotgun in the middle of the end zone...what the....?

• Thumbs Up 2

Heck just snap it out the back for a safety and punt away with :02

Lost Fumble in the end zone was the only bad possible outcome and the Ducks called the formation to allow it. 

who do coaches turn to for coaching on how to coach?🤷‍♂️🤔

I agree.  That was a real head-scratcher, taking an unnecessary risk which could have cost the Ducks the game.  These are type of unconventional, boneheaded plays that I come to expect from a MC coached team, as if they weren't enough late game drama.  I don't know if it was Moorehead's call or MC's call, but either way, that was un-friggin-acceptable.  When it comes to coaching in a live game, MC is an amateur at best.  Quite frankly, I think most spectators could do a better job managing the game and the clock than him.

• Thumbs Up 2