Charles Fischer

Count Our Blessings, Our Beloved Ducks Forum Members...

Count Our Blessings, Our Beloved Ducks Forum Members...because this is the only place right now that is SAFE to post, regardless of your opinion.

At other sites right now? People over there on both sides judging the Ducks' performance are being ridiculed and belittled for their opinions.  Sure...there are many here on the OBD forum that I don't agree with, but I am glad they have a safe place to post...as I do.

It is times like these is when you want to discuss it all, but dealing with the topic and not each other.  Sorry to keep belaboring it, but when you have had 97 disparaging posts about you on another site as I have....you come to appreciate safety all that much more.  

And all the more reason to disagree and debate here, because regardless of how you feel?  People still have to be nice to you!  Love-it!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Isn't it lovely we can all coexist?  Buddy-hug!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, I want to echo your thoughts. After the game last night I was anxious to see the response at OBD, and it was everything I hoped for. A lot of different topics, with just as many opinions, We all agree with some, disagree with others, and we are all able to express those feelings here.

As you mentioned, that isn't available at many other sites, I've never been involved with one, that I feel free to express my thoughts, without having to brace for assault. We're all in this together.

• Thanks 1

The cat on the bottom does not look all that happy-😁

• Haha 1

Ive learned over the years that there are 3 fan types regarding Oregon football and other teams as well.

Ducks fans

football fans

Duck football fans.

Im the last 2.

I like well played football but I am a supporter of the U of O.

Therefore I have anxiety issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, 30Duck said:

....having to brace for assault.

That is a great description of how I've felt at those sites after I post a strong opinion.  Get the flak jacket on!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, Charles Fischer said:

That is a great description of how I've felt at those sites after I post a strong opinion.  Get the flak jacket on!

I have 2 cats so I understand this gif--kind of