Steven A

Ryan Walk says the boos and chants for Ty motivated the offense.

Well,

1)  Need to start booing on the first play and keep it up until there is a 3 score advantage.

2)  That shouldn't have to be the motivation that gets the offense non-offensive.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

So they feel great about how it is all going until the boos come?

Testament to the fact that the positive motivation Mario is using doesn't always work well with young men. Many young people, who have been raised in the trophy culture, do indeed love the positive feedback, but they need to be set straight on their journey to greatness.

I am not advocating for booing of the players or demeaning someone's effort. I will say many young people need a father figure who will tell them exactly what it takes, and when that isn't happening.

We saw that explode on national tv with one of our players, but maybe it needs to be more consistent information feed by the coaches and staff.

This team has all the signs there are too many times the Ducks are looking for a kumbaya moment, when they need all hands on deck moments. The mentality of this team needs to change in order to reach their potential!

• Thumbs Up 1

At least something helped light a fire!

To be fair, the first 3 drives looked good all the way to the redzone, until penalties and a fumble ruined things.

As good as Travis Dye played, he can't be the whole offense every week.

Good point though, do we need to start booing in the 1st quarter?!?

It seems to show a complete lack of awareness of how bad the offense is really playing.  In all the years I've watched Oregon football I can't recall a time when fans booed their own players in Autzen.

As a side note, I wish the coaches would instantly bench a player for the game if they start jawing as opponents after a play.  We've seen way too much of that this season and its contributed greatly to the huge number of penalties happening.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2021 at 1:49 PM, kirklandduck said:

It seems to show a complete lack of awareness of how bad the offense is really playing.

This I think, is the problem. If a game ends with a W, Mario is fine. If it ends with an L, "We just have to work harder" it's very frustrating. But, I don't think that Mario sees that there is any need to look at the team's performance. They just had a bye week, and I didn't notice any changes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2021 at 1:56 PM, 30Duck said:

This I think, is the problem. If a game ends with a W, Mario is fine. If it ends with an L, "We just have to work harder" it's very frustrating. But, I don't think that Mario sees that there is any need to look at the team's performance. They just had a bye week, and I didn't notice any changes. 

Neither did I.  In fact if they had played Stanford again instead of Cal yesterday, Oregon would have lost again.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:49 PM, kirklandduck said:

... In all the years I've watched Oregon football I can't recall a time when fans booed their own players in Autzen.

I can remember booing--whether the fans were booing coaching decisions or players or both, I'm not sure, but there has been booing aimed at the team for one reason or another off and on over the years.

I was booing also. Part of it was the frustration of watching our young pre-madonnas act like three year olds with senseless chest bumping and ridiculous penalties all the while being behind. That kind of thing totally reflects on the coaches and makes the opposition want to beat us even more. Makes my blood boil. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I am going to have quite a rebuttal to his article on Monday....so he shames the fans for wanting more?

I am as sick of his self-righteous indignation as I am with receivers and DBs showboating after every little play.  

And thanks 30Duck for bringing this article to us!  

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/16/2021 at 12:48 PM, Steven A said:

Well,

1)  Need to start booing on the first play and keep it up until there is a 3 score advantage.

2)  That shouldn't have to be the motivation that gets the offense non-offensive.

That was an O-lineman, what about the WR's, what do they think?

Steven A, if Ryan Walk truly says the boos and chants for Ty motivated the offense, let's continue booing at all our remaining college football games, while chanting for Ty, so we motivate our offense, enroute  to a playoff championship in January.  Sco Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, jega said:

Steven A, if Ryan Walk truly says the boos and chants for Ty motivated the offense, let's continue booing at all our remaining college football games, while chanting for Ty, so we motivate our offense, enroute  to a playoff championship in January.  Sco Ducks!

Nope

On 10/17/2021 at 2:20 PM, Haywarduck said:

Nope

This is the Troll (jega) that I banned at about 5:00 AM this morning...

Mr. FishDuck