Duckpop22

I Came Up With the Word

Actually, I came up with two words. One of them at the beginning of the fourth quarter. But, it was extremely naughty and would have put me in FishDuck Sing Sing until my fingers wither and fall off. So, we will leave that word alone, and instead will share the word for which I have searched since Opening Day.

Dynamism.

Even in victory, our Ducks lack the dynamism that teams with our level of talent should have. For the most part our touchdown drives (few as they are) strike this fan as slogs through the mud pots of Yellowstone Park. Our fans, in the stadium and at home, are forever leaning forward in an effort to help this team get out of its own way. Heck, I feel it in my shoulders as we bog down and attempt a 45-yard-field goal. 

I know that many of us have longed for MC to give the reins of offense to Joe Moorhead. "That's where the dynamism is found" I say to myself. But maybe Moorhead has lost his own dynamism. Or doesn't trust the lineup on the field to perform dynamically. I don't know where it is, and maybe Joe and Mario don't know either. 

I do not know Sunday morning at 12:23 am, whether we will be favored against UCLA or how we will perform against them. We can beat them with our Bataan Death March offense because we appear to be stronger at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. But, the Bruins will be dynamic.

I only wonder why.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/17/2021 at 12:27 AM, Duckpop22 said:

For the most part our touchdown drives (few as they are) strike this fan as slogs through the mud pots of Yellowstone Park.

Agreed.  Under Cristobal it seems it is so much harder to score, and that Oregon has to work so much harder at it.  Stats may disagree, but it is simply the view a fan has.  I quoted you on the phone yesterday again and the Duck-Buddy certainly agreed...."Mario Cristobal has held the Oregon Offense down better than any defense since Auburn of 2010!"

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The Ducks certainly don’t pass the eye test. But 5 and 1 is a good start for most any NCAA football team.

On 10/17/2021 at 5:54 AM, Charles Fischer said:

"Mario Cristobal has held the Oregon Offense down better than any defense since Auburn of 2010!"

That really says it all. 

On 10/17/2021 at 8:52 AM, OregonRich said:

That really says it all. 

Prevent Offense

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/17/2021 at 8:59 AM, 30Duck said:

Prevent Offense

And I told him your expression and he laughed out loud at how accurate and innovative that term is describing the current Oregon offense!

Mr. FishDuck

Its almost like Oregon's offense is among the best defenses in the PAC

• Haha 1

While this thread is full of comedy gold, I think the word for Oregon under Cristobal is harnessed.

Chip was a spread genius with the support of a talented stable of long term Oregon assistant coaches that helped the horses run fast and free.

Cristobal has been amassing more talented players and assistant coaches, but has held back the reigns.  I wonder when he will let his horses run?

• Thumbs Up 1