Cockroach

Cristobal will be Out-Coached by Chip

I am Oregon alumni so my heart will always be with the ducks. If I was betting man, my money would be on the Bruins in Saturday game. The ducks have the better athletes. Ducks will be out coached. We find Stanford is just a average team. Can not get too excited about beating 1-5 team in the final seconds. It does no good to be a great recruiter if you can’t coach. Cristobal seems to have an ego problem.

Maybe it my imagination but there seems to be some friction among the coaches. He is stubborn. Although Brown did a great job in the 4th quarter he did a terrible job in the 3rd. Cristobal will not change because Brown is his pick. Well; hopefully Oregon will blow out UCLA and I will be eating my words. Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the majority of fans have the same gut feeling you do...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Duck alum, too. And I swear I'm not trying to be a homer, but I think we're going to get the win. Go Ducks!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Chip's record at UCLA? The LA Chipper has not out-coached a whole lot of folks.

The Bruins DC will likely outcoach the Mario/Moorhead O? Among others, Arizona's coaching staff slowed down the Oregon O.

But I do not think Chip's play calling will baffle the Oregon D?

The key to the game IMO? Will the Ducks D be able to stand up and hold up against the Bruins run game?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Will the Ducks D be able to stand up and hold up against the Bruins run game?

Agreed, and our run defense has not inspired my confidence....

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Chip often out coaches Chip (i.e. three bubble screens in a row).

I agree with the run threat. Charbonnet and Pinot Gris looked great against the Husky's.

• Haha 2

Truth.

UCLA has outrushed its opponent in its last 13 games.

UCLA has 200+ rush yards in its last 4 games and in 6 of its last 7 games.

Ducks give up more ground to running teams through the air...

My guess is they stack the box to stop the run, make AB throw downfield. He can't, and how long will Dye hold up being the only offense we have?

So much talent not being utilized...

CK and every remaining coach, left on our schedule, will outcoach MC.  That is a given, but it doesn't necessarily mean the Ducks can't win.  However, without help from the defense, I don't see the Ducks outscoring these teams with AB. Against Fresno St., Ohio State, and Cal, Oregon's offense has been doing just enough to squeak out a win, by 7 pts.  The defense will need to step up and win some of these games which includes the turnover battles.  Having KT back and healthy, for the full 4 quarters, will help anchor the defense and hopefully, lead to more stripped balls, errant passes and 3 and outs.  The last two weeks, the Ducks have been losing the turnover battle which earlier in the season, appeared to be their strength. If they want to win, they must find a way to win these turnover battles, especially, on the road.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, most likely.

Game management has been weird and pretty much atrocious. That effort with 2 1/2 minutes in the half was just baffling. The victory formation in the end zone at the end of the game was a head scratcher. And how many other weird plays are called or clock management errors have there been over the past several years.

Somebody on here was talking about the lack of dynamic play. I say there is a serious lack of dynamic thinking by the coaches. Do we really not have a single play where the QB takes the snap under center? If that is the case then that is a serious red flag pointing to how the Ducks coaching staff lacks dynamic thinking.

What we see from the offensive (and often the defensive) scheme each week lacks any sort of dynamic potential. It's boring and predictable and that is how poor teams with much less talent beat us or play us tight until the 4th quarter or even the final play. There is no other reasonable explanation.

• Like 1

Agree with Duckit, we have to win the turnover battle if we are going to beat anyone competitive. We were able to pull off a victory against Cal without the turnover ratio in our favor.

The games coming up the defense will have to help us or the O will have to get some 'juice.' We have gone from leading the NCAA in the turnover margin to all the way down to 5th. We need to stay up there is we are to keep the dream alive.

go ducks. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst bc of the stubborn o line head coach who is comparable to the soon to be x LSU coach. Great recruiter but terrible at the x and os. 

ESPN GameDay will be at the Rose Bowl.  The Ducks are 15-11 for these games and are 2-1 against UCLA for these games.  Hopefully, the Ducks keep a winning record vs UCLA on GameDays.

The Ducks seem to play a bit better in morning/early afternoon games--hopefully.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

The Ducks seem to play a bit better in morning/early afternoon games--hopefully

I don't know, I was at the Stanford game and it was a wash until the end. Like many other posters' have said the offense plays just well enough to win or lose. I too believe Chip and his staff will out coach our coaches.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:49 AM, Tandaian said:

ESPN GameDay will be at the Rose Bowl.  The Ducks are 15-11 for these games and are 2-1 against UCLA for these games.  Hopefully, the Ducks keep a winning record vs UCLA on GameDays.

That's nice but in Week 8 there are not a lot of games to choose from. One of those CFB 'lost weekends' with no top 25 match ups. 

This usually results in a big upset or two. In fairness, 4-2 UCLA could just as easily be ranked 25 as 4-2 Purdue,

Charbonnet reminds me of Royce Freeman. Their other back is good. Hope the D shows up.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:49 AM, Tandaian said:

I had it at 14-10. Thanks for clearing this up.

On 10/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I had it at 14-10. Thanks for clearing this up.

Now we need somebody who knows how many times Corso picked the Ducks and they won, and how many times Corso picked the Ducks and they lost?

For some weird reason Im not worried about this game. I think it will be a very low scoring game with both teams making big mistakes and turn overs, but I think the Ducks will win by a field goal. After that we will probably lose 2 or 3 games. I call it the MC effect.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:47 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

MC effect.

Create a new verb?  Just as teams "Coug-it" we see Oregon, "Cristobal-it" after a big win?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/18/2021 at 8:47 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

For some weird reason Im not worried about this game. I think it will be a very low scoring game with both teams making big mistakes and turn overs, but I think the Ducks will win by a field goal. After that we will probably lose 2 or 3 games. I call it the MC effect.

Thank goodness Cam made a great comeback to date. Last season I don't think he had a prayer of making a 49 yard FG attempt.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:23 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Thank goodness Cam made a great comeback to date. Last season I don't think he had a prayer of making a 49 yard FG attempt.

Well lets hope he doesnt have to go for a 49 yarder---

I think this game like many the Ducks game will be tight into the 4th Q? 

FGs may well decide the ball game? 

Based on the Os both teams run, emphasis on the run, I think possessions will be at a premium? 

If I am right, you can't leave the field after any sustained drive without putting points on the board.

This will not be Army vs Navy but I do think this game has a chance to finish in the allotted 3 and a half hours?

PLEASE do not give us the crew that we saw at Stanford or the one that called holding last week late in the game on what should have been PI on the CAL WR.

On 10/18/2021 at 4:14 PM, 30Duck said:

Now we need somebody who knows how many times Corso picked the Ducks and they won, and how many times Corso picked the Ducks and they lost?

I think he will don the booboo bear hat, and no more than 1 of the other guys picks us, if any.  And we prove them all wrong I hope.  MC will be out coached...I'll happily eat bear if I'm proven wrong.  Crow is too greasy

Agreed. Hopefully Cristoball's players will outplay Kelly's players this round. Go Ducks!