30Duck

The Rose Bowl Is Ground Zero This Saturday

UCLA is a basketball school, Kentucky realized it was a basketball school when they played Georgia on Saturday. But USC is teetering, and UCLA can see the blood in the water. But to really make their move, the Bruins, coached by the Chipper

image.jpeg.92a3a0823c335f099c974fb23f96e386.jpeg

needs to beat Oregon.

But, let there be no doubt, Oregon needs to win this game too. 

image.jpeg.807775109fe0857f27fda67099b652be.jpeg

Oregon needs to win all the remaining games. If that doesn't happen I will settle for playing all games well, competitively, and beating the Fuskies and Feavers...

If we are a top-ten team...then yes, we should win out.  But I am not making any bets on that...

Mr. FishDuck

Kentucky is a basketball school, no doubt. But fans show up for every Kentucky home game; the stadium is sold out with 65,000+ fans in attendance. UCLA's attendance? I hope attendance at the Rose Bowl on Saturday will be at least respectable?

The 6-1 Kentucky football team that I watched play vs Georgia on Saturday would likely drill UCLA?

Mark Stoops has done an amazing job at Kentucky and has a very good chance of getting Kentucky into a NY6 bowl this season. Stoops teams are competitive with and often defeat teams with far better recruiting numbers. Such as LSU this season. IMO, Mark, not Bob, should be a contender for the USC job? If he would consider leaving the SEC for the Pac-12?

Oregon should win the rest of its games and make or be serious contender for the final 4.

GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2021 at 12:47 PM, Jon Joseph said:

IMO, Mark, not Bob, should be a contender for the USC job?

This is the problem at USC. Mark is the brother that should be on their list, but Big Game Bob is The Name. Pete Carroll wasn't a big hire, and he worked out pretty well. But since he left, USC is a story you'd expect from Hollywood. 

Helton was the sc hire which was like the Riley hire at Nebraska, a good guy attempt. I expect sc to continue to be too toxic for anyone except some extremely unique coaches, not sure who that would be for sure.

At Oregon every coach hired has improved their previous record, not sure that will continue. Agree this week will be interesting, but maybe not pivotal.

Too many are looking at one game as pivotal. What we need to see is progress, and reasonable expectations.

Game day should fire up the Bruin players and fans. Lots of players from Cali so they should be fired up too. 

What's the Ducks record when they're the away team when "Game Day" is there? Not that it maters or maybe it does. 

I would like to see some new names on the field next Sat but I'm betting it'll be the SOS again. 

Will MC be outcoached? Probably. 

Will the Ducks that beat Ohio St please show up.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

What's the Ducks record when they're the away team when "Game Day" is there? Not that it maters or maybe it does. 

It was either, 2011,  Oregon 34 UW 17 or 2013, Oregon 45 UW 24, "Gameday" was in Seattle, and the Husky fans were all fired up, certain that the streak would end. It didn't. 

• Like 1

It's a big time conference game on the big stage. Oregons big time recruits who can quiet the boos and silence their critics. 

Oregon should move the ball at will against the Bruins. Goodness a zero dimensional scout team from the northern realm of outer darkness had their chances last Saturday.The Oregon offense has the talent and scheme to score in the upper thirties. Stop the self-inflicted wounds in the red zone. Play like this is the Natty because every game here on out, IS.

This defense is far superior than any team the Bruins have faced. Play up to your potential with passion and intensity.  Hold them to 24 or less and take the pressure off the offense..

Coaches, time to earn those big game checks and PERS contribution. Starting Saturday,  let's walk the walk and stop the talk. 

14 - 10 overall when 'covered' by Game Day.