Nestucca Duck

Aaron Feld...Just Curious.

Can anybody tell me why the strength and conditioning coordinator is always in such close proximity to Coach Cristoball during the game? I suspect he likes seeing himself on TV...just curious. 🙂 

1060104153_CristoballFeld.thumb.jpeg.b405934ebc4f48fff19d264a5ebe4135.jpeg

Yeah.  I don't remember seeing such an animated strength and conditioning coach on game days before.  Also, I think it's weird that it's mostly coaches that are responsible for bringing energy on the sidelines.  I think that should ideally come from the players.  Remember Joey Harrington?  Or, more recently, Troy Dye?

• Like 1

Interesting. As was Saban not bringing Feld back to Bama when the S+C Tide coach moved on to Georgia.

Mario has had trouble staying off the field during play and UO has had sideline warnings in earlier games.

I don't know if this happens all the time, but I've seen Feld stay close enough to pull him off the field when he looks like he's going to go batshizz crazy. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:15 PM, DimpleDucks said:

Mario has had trouble staying off the field during play and UO has had sideline warnings in earlier games.

I don't know if this happens all the time, but I've seen Feld stay close enough to pull him off the field when he looks like he's going to go batshizz crazy. 

I don't remember seeing it but i remember hearing that it was either mario or some players he pulled off the field against Cal preventing more penalties.  Strength and conditioning coordinator by day, bouncer by night.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting question--no idea, but I do recall Jimmy Rad on the sidelines at every game.  Next to the coaches?  I do not recall that...

Coach Radcliff_Gary Breedlove.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, deschutesduck said:

I don't remember seeing it but i remember hearing that it was either mario or some players he pulled off the field against Cal preventing more penalties.  Strength and conditioning coordinator by day, bouncer by night.

I think in the game against Ohio State Feld also corralled some players on the sideline who had gone down to either celebrate with the Duck fans (or maybe taunt OSU fans, not sure).

On 10/18/2021 at 5:01 PM, Annie said:

Feld also corralled some players on the sideline

You do need that on a team...what if Scott Frost had not held (arm-bar and used all his strength) back Blount from the Boise State crowd?  Blount was blind with rage and was going to tear someone apart and was headed up into the stands.

Scott Frost 3 JG.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

It does seem he has taken the roll of bouncer, sideline controller for the Oregon players and coaches. I would imagine this is an assigned role, but don't know for sure.

5qxzu9.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw a great interview with him a few years ago. He seems like a great guy. He's definitely responsible for keeping the sideline in line.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of random coaches...Is this Ron Howard?

Screenshot_20211018-174426_Chrome.png

• Haha 4

Sounds like there is a consensus, sideline manager. I can dig that, a level head and big muscles. Go Ducks!

On 10/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, Charles Fischer said:

You do need that on a team...what if Scott Frost had not held (arm-bar and used all his strength) back Blount from the Boise State crowd?  Blount was blind with rage and was going to tear someone apart and was headed up into the stands.

Scott Frost 3 JG.jpg

For Blount's sake that was the best tackle Scott Frost ever made.

If Blount had gotten into the stands?

On 10/18/2021 at 6:29 PM, Jon Joseph said:

For Blount's sake that was the best tackle Scott Frost ever made.

If Blount had gotten into the stands?

Blount was a good dude 

Watched him interact with little kids after practice (when they were still open), big teddy bear 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:15 PM, DimpleDucks said:

Feld is what is called a "belt coach" where part of his job is to keep the HC off the field.

There are quite a few pictures of him pulling MC back. 

Lots of coaches use their strength.coaches in that way. 

This Get Back Coach video showed up in my feed. I'm guessing due to the Google algorithm and this thread.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 3:44 PM, Duckman said:

Yeah.  I don't remember seeing such an animated strength and conditioning coach on game days before.  Also, I think it's weird that it's mostly coaches that are responsible for bringing energy on the sidelines.  I think that should ideally come from the players.  Remember Joey Harrington?  Or, more recently, Troy Dye?

Does Cliff Harris count?