Babyjesus615

Return of the Blur? (In A Bad Way)

Oregon has had to rely on the D to bail them out of a good portion of games this year as the offense is regularly stalling out drives that should end in a TD. This can't be lost on opposing coaches and I can think of one in particular who has got to be eyeing this.

Next week's match-up could very well see a return to the fast moving, high flying days of old for Chip Kelly; except as a tool against Oregon rather than for Oregon. It was painfully obvious against Ohio State that the Oregon D struggles against tempo; and even Stanford employed it successfully. Could we see a return of the blur, or some form of it in order for Chip Kelly to pull a win at home with Gameday in town?

Edited by Babyjesus615
  • Thumbs Up 2

I would be surprised if we did not see it, as it is useful to Chip on several levels.

Daryle Hawkins and Keanon Lowe in 2012_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/19/2021 at 12:38 PM, Babyjesus615 said:

Oregon has had to rely on the D to bail them out of a good portion of games this year as the offense is regularly stalling out drives that should end in a TD. This can't be lost on opposing coaches and I can think of one in particular who has got to be eyeing this.

Next week's match-up could very well see a return to the fast moving, high flying days of old for Chip Kelly; except as a tool against Oregon rather than for Oregon. It was painfully obvious against Ohio State that the Oregon D struggles against tempo; and even Stanford employed it successfully. Could we see a return of the blur, or some form of it in order for Chip Kelly to pull a win at home with Gameday in town?

Strategically Chip sees it, we see it, does the Oregon defense see this weaknesses and can they adjust?

I would say Oregon's offense is also pretty easy to figure out too. You do have to spy the qb running, but he isn't going to do what puts the fear into most defenses. I doubt any team will give AB what tosu showed him over and over. 

Not only will he run tempo, but defensively they will key on stopping the run and make AB beat them through the air. That won't happen. Saturday will be painful to watch and with GameDay there, embarrassing also.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:23 PM, DanLduck said:

Not only will he run tempo, but defensively they will key on stopping the run and make AB beat them through the air. That won't happen. Saturday will be painful to watch and with GameDay there, embarrassing also.

Exactly what they did against LSU with a QB that was suspect in the passing game. If there is a game AB gets hurt and stays out it'll be this one.

Great job with the title. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Chip will only have to employ the hurry up 50% of the time and that will have a huge impact on our D. They will be gassed all game long...