Jon Joseph

FWIW - MY WEEK 8 WAGERS

I deservedly took it in the shorts last week going 1-2. Betting an Over on a Ducks game? Go to your room!

Bama gave me an easy cover over the Pirate. Mark Stoops Kentucky boys would not quit in Athens and scored late to keep Georgia within 22.5 points.

I'm 10-7 on the season. Not great but decent. I find the oddsmakers are having an easier time in 2021 coming up with more accurate spreads than was the case in COVID 2020.

Here goes.

6-0 Oklahoma State, #8 in this week's AP poll heads into Ames, Iowa, Saturday with 7 points in its pocket. 2L Iowa State is -7.  But I'm not taking OK ST +7. With a +210 potential payday I'm taking OK ST Straight Up.  Come on Gundy, Be A Man! 

5-1 Notre Dame, #13 in the AP, is -7 playing in South Bend against the USC Trojans. No one likes the Irish most favored nation playoff status than moi. Get thee to a conference! But as erratic as the Domers have played this season I still like the Irish by more than a TD at home vs the dysfunctional Trojans.

Oregon St +3 vs Utah. The Beavers was idle last week while a lot of emotion went into Utah's pre-game honoring of 2 deceased teammates (so very sad) and into the Utes coming back from a 2 TD deficit to defeat a ranked Sun Devils team. This W puts the Utes squarely in control of the Pac-12 South.

But I like what J Smith is cooking up in Corvallis. I cannot help but think that Utah is ready for a let down? I'm taking the home team plus the points.

Never bet more than your significant other can ignore.

• Haha 3

On 10/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Never bet more than your significant other can ignore.

I'm with you on all of those and I had enough $$ to ignore Id seriously take Oklahoma -39 @ Kansas. It opened -38. 

Good call. I came close to going with OK to cover but unlike Barry Switzer I'm not certain that Riley is that sadistic? 

I think Riley empties the bench after half time and we find out about the guy who is the Sooners 3rd string QB?

Far bigger games are coming for the Sooners. Why play anyone who is important after the 1st half?

Then again, you are likely spot on.