C J

Moorhead to Wazzu?????

Looks like Wazzu is looking for some revenge after we poached Big Joe and Joe Mastro......they can have the latter back.

Seems like there is a good chance we will lose somebody soon, considering job openings at USC and Wazzu. 

I heard that for now, with 4 assistant coaches also gone, that the DC is interim Coach. Hard to say who would be directing the offense. 

Thanks for posting the article, and I agree with "the latter!"  Joe Moorhead cannot go anywhere that the recruiting is too tough, as I just don't see him as a recruiter.  I don't know that I see him as a HC for that matter...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

No better place to rebuild a reputation than Pullman, Mark Hudspeth is the man. Right now the job looks like a dumpster fire.

5r237i.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

"Oregon offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead has been one of the best assistants in the country this year"

*blinks* 🥴

On 10/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, deschutesduck said:

"Oregon offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead has been one of the best assistants in the country this year"

He might be if we saw only HIS offense...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think the Coug fans would love Beau Baldwin.

Edited by nw777b
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Joe Moorhead was allowed to actually run his offense I could see him at Oregon for years (or at least through a natty run). High paying position, not in charge of the whole game, gets to coach QBs. But if Cristobal doesn't loosen his grip, and soon, Joe may feel he has more freedom to implement his plan offensively as an HC somewhere else. 😕 

I'm with Mr. FishDuck. The similarities I see between what Oregon's offense looked like with Arroyo and what the "new and Improved" offense looks like under "offensive genius" Joe Moorhead are too numerous to be a coincidence. It's become painfully obvious over the course of the Cristobal era that the offense run by Oregon is heavily influenced by the notions of Mario Cristobal. Sadly, I'm guessing that Moorhead leaving to be replaced by anyone will result in more of the same as long as Cristobal is at the helm.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, Haywarduck said:

No better place to rebuild a reputation than Pullman, Mark Hudspeth is the man. Right now the job looks like a dumpster fire.

5r237i.jpg

1 guy who came out of Pullman, not Mike Price, but Dennis Erickson who went to The U in 1989, replaced Jimmy Johnson, coached Mario and won many a ball game.

Dennis helped cement Johnson's turning The U into the U.

Interesting that when Mario played under both Johnson + Erickson the U was definitely physically but never ran a 'prevent offense.' The teams Mario played for put up many the point playing aggressive offense. Almost always put up 400+ yards on O every game and did it mainly by throwing the football. When Mario played at The U, the passing game accounted for for 65% of the production on O.

Also, when Mario was there the U throttled lesser competition and most often outscored the best teams it played to get the W.

Neither Johnson nor Erickson ever played O 'in a phone booth.'

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Also, when Mario was there the U throttled lesser competition and most often outscored the best teams it played to get the W.

The""U" also played with a swagger, but didn't get an inordinate amount of personal fouls, they were intimidating through their confidence, the other teams just took a gulp before the game started. 

I could also see Leavitt as a candidate who would fit the bill. They always seem to pull characters who want one last shot. Leavitt has a winning record as a head coach and has the personality to fit right in. That would make how many coaches in the Pac-12 with a tie to Oregon?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:18 PM, 30Duck said:

The""U" also played with a swagger, but didn't get an inordinate amount of personal fouls, they were intimidating through their confidence, the other teams just took a gulp before the game started. 

No doubt. The top drawer teams defeat many the opponent simply by stepping on the field. And then. leaving no doubt as to their supremacy.

The Ducks under Chip aided and abetted by a hugely underrated DC in Nick A had this going for them.

There was an 'aura' surrounding those teams. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2021 at 6:24 PM, Haywarduck said:

I could also see Leavitt as a candidate who would fit the bill.

He didn't want to move his family to Eugene ... I doubt they will want to move to Pullman. 

Now it isn't a requirement to move the entire family to the team's location but it is just weird and screams short term.