FishDuck Article

Oregon’s 7 Best NFL Players of All Time

I bet most Americans will agree that football is one of the most popular sports they look forward to every season. No wonder why a lot of new football leagues are founded, like the XFL, and football betting is an ever-growing industry in this football fanatic nation. Meanwhile, when talks about football begin, it’s impossible not to mention the National ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great Ducks all. Haloti Ngata is the first player I thought of, drafted in the 1st round in 2006 by Baltimore, 5 Pro Bowls, and a Super Bowl win. Ahmad Rashad, (Bobby Moore). Drafted in 1972 by the St. Louis Cardinals, , named to 4 Pro Bowls later as a Minnesota Viking. 

On 10/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, 30Duck said:

Great Ducks all. Haloti Ngata is the first player I thought of, drafted in the 1st round in 2006 by Baltimore, 5 Pro Bowls, and a Super Bowl win. Ahmad Rashad, (Bobby Moore). Drafted in 1972 by the St. Louis Cardinals, , named to 4 Pro Bowls later as a Minnesota Viking. 

Wow.  Both those should be on the list, and I agree with Confused that Herbert will someday be there too!

Haloti Ngata_John Giustina.jpg

Bobby Moore 1972.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Great list. I think Kyle Long finished at but did not start his college career at Oregon?

On 10/20/2021 at 10:36 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Great list. I think Kyle Long finished at but did not start his college career at Oregon?

Yep...it says that.

Mr. FishDuck

PATRICK CHUNG

On 10/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, nw777b said:

PATRICK CHUNG

Good one.

Patrick Chung ATQ.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/20/2021 at 2:48 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Good one.

Patrick Chung ATQ.jpg

This Pats fan says: YES! Also agree with Ngata and Rashad. Not sure the stats bear this out but has there ever been a better Ducks pitch and catch than Fouts throwing to Bobby Moore?

On 10/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, Jon Joseph said:

but has there ever been a better Ducks pitch and catch than Fouts throwing to Bobby Moore?

Not hardly, and especially not better than this!

• Thumbs Up 1

That is a great short video 30Duck...thanks for the memory, but also his affirmation at the end...."I am an Oregon Duck through-and-through.(Eyes getting misty)

Mr. FishDuck

I'm an old Duck, but if you researched you would find Mel Renfo should be on the list.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:06 PM, Chad said:

I'm an old Duck, but if you researched you would find Mel Renfro should be on the list.

Ah well,....why don't you click on the link in the first post at the top and go to the article--you might be surprised!

Mel Renfro2.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Since I knew him and his mom I have to throw Fred Quillan into this

On 10/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, 30Duck said:

Also, Brian Hinkle and Russ Francis.

How about three time Super Bowl champion linebacker Mike Walter?

Among current Ducks in the NFL, Herbert is hot, but DeForest Buckner may be the best.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:33 AM, Duck1984 said:

How about three time Super Bowl champion linebacker Mike Walter?

LeGarrette Blount also has 3, and is one of 6 players to win consecutive Super Bowls with different teams, New England in SB LI and Philadelphia LII

• Thumbs Up 1

My honorable mentions include Russ Francis and Anthony Newman.

Bryan Hinkle had a great NFL career after his time as a Duck.

He held many of the Duck weight room records in 1981 on a team with Gary Zimmerman, who may have outweighed him by 75 pounds.

No way this list is valid without Haloti Ngata.  He, Ahmad Rashad/Bobby Moore, and Patrick Chung all deserve to be there before Kyle Long and Stewart.  And Van Brocklin should be much higher.

FYI, NFL.com lists their top 10 as Fouts, Renfro, Van Brocklin, Zimmerman, Wilcox, Ngata, Russ Francis, Rashad, George Martin, and Fred Quillan.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Agree without Ngata there is.....

5raujm.jpg